UK Vogue September 2012 : Karlie Kloss by Nick Knight

The Midas Touch is so repetitive, it feels as if it has been done so many times before!

don't like the cover..karlie is overexposed at the moment..
laras ed is beautiful :heart:

Greenway, thank you for all the beautiful snaps! This issue is a must-have!!

Editorial:

Boy Talk
Photographer: David Sims
Model: Janice Alida
Stylist: Joe McKenna
Hair: Paul Hanlon
Make-Up: Lucia Pieroni
Nails: Trish Lomax

vogue.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Really great issue editorially, I enjoyed it a lot. Content wise however, I feel it's a little lacking. There really isn't all that many articles of any real interest in there.

Editorial:

Deauville Rendezvous
Photographer: Mario Testino
Models: Stella Tennant and Marte van Haaster
Stylist: Lucinda Chambers
Hair: Christiaan
Make-Up: Val Garland

vogue.co.uk

I don't dislike the cover, but it just seems designed to be 'neon' on the newsstand above all else, with lines about 'the dark romance of modern florals' written in dayglo orange. While there's nothing wrong with a magazine trying to make itself stand out, Karlie's face could be blanked out and it would lose no impact; I don't feel a connection with the person on the cover, all I see is the clashing colours and patterns.

The editorials are decent enough – I find there's something especially satisfying about the images in New Noir. In scans, some of the poses in Midas Touch seemed stilted to me, yet the actual images offer the opportunity to admire the detailing in the dresses instead.

But Dark Blooms with Lara... the efforts to make the landscape look 'autumn' seem horribly artificial to my eyes, the glow of the setting sun coming straight from studio-strength lighting. Perhaps there's supposed to be a sense of dissonance in it, but the shot where she's standing in front of a tree with lots of orange foliage – it's actually an evergreen that's half-dead, but they get Lara to stand in front of it, as if any old tree with brown leaves will look like autumn. No, it's a dying leylandii, and the whole thing seems very cheap and forced to me, especially when a landscape at any time of year will offer plenty of natural drama if you work with it. You don't have to shoehorn the world into looking like autumn when it's not.

The interviews are a bit incestuous – Kate Phelan's house, Samantha Cameron's career – and the beauty section seems like a feeble afterthought, so I didn't mind buying this issue, but I'll not be keeping it around for long.

Editorial:

New Noir
Photographer: Craig McDean
Model: Suvi Koponen
Stylist: Jane How
Hair: Malcolm Edwards
Make-Up: Peter Philips
Nails: Sophy Robson
Set Design: Andy Hillman

vogue.co.uk

Editorial:

Midas Touch
Photographer: Nick Knight
Models: Kate Moss, Stella Tennant, Lily Cole, Karen Elson, Lily Donaldson, Jourdan Dunn, David Gandy, Georgia May Jagger, Naomi Campbell
Stylist: Lucinda Chambers
Hair: Sam McKnight
Make-Up: Val Garland & Petros Petrohilos
Nails: Marian Newman

vogue.co.uk

I feel like Georgia Jagger doesn't deserve to be a part of that Midas Touch editorial. I have nothing against her, it's just that the rest of the cast are prominent, not to mention, legendary British models. Imo, they should have included Erin O'connor in her place instead.

this looks amazing. so happy to see Ryan McGinley with an editorial here. and it's just soooo beautiful, too!

Editorial:

Dark Blooms
Photographer: Ryan McGinley
Model: Lara Stone
Stylist: Francesca Burns
Hair: Luke Hersheson
Make-Up: Lucia Pica
Nails: Anatole Rainey
Set Design: Simon Costin

vogue.co.uk

the last photo in *dark blooms* looks a bit strange..
lara looks like a purple bear. it's cute but weird.

I don't like Karlie's ed at all, thankfully the cover photo is the way better than ed photos.
Midas touch is a great idea, but it's a bit plain. Georgia' pic is the best, imo.

"If I Take Your Picture Mia, Will You Take Mine?"
Model/Star: Mia Wasikowska
Photographer: Bruce Weber
Stylist: Joe McKenna
Hair: Paul Hanlon
Makeup: Kay Montano
Manicure: Marian Newman

pdfgiant

I like Lara's editorial, but she seems too stiff and uncomfortable in it.

This issue is a must-buy for me. I adore Lara Stone's editorial by Ryan McGinley :crush: So beautiful. The styling in Suvi's editorial is just fantastic and I love the whole editorial although I can't stand her as a model. The Testino ed with Stella and Marte is sublime and the cover editorial with Karlie is perfection. The written content also sounds like it could be good.

Thanks for the reviews and pictures, everyone! :heart:

stella and lara's ed are to die for (especially stella's).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiyahG
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->