UK Vogue August 2019 : Karlie Kloss by Steven Meisel

Anyone know what ever happened between Meisel and Anna? Why he isn’t shooting anything for US Vogue?
They supposedly had some sort of fallout surrounding the Fei Fei Sun editorial for the Chinese Met Gala editorial. Can't remember the specifics.

They supposedly had some sort of fallout surrounding the Fei Fei Sun editorial for the Chinese Met Gala editorial. Can't remember the specifics.
I believe the fact that he shot the Chinese themed Met edit for US Vogue was the reason Franca decided to let other photographers shoot the cover stories for Vogue Italia (starting with the China themed VI issue) and thereby ending his monopoly.

Meisel already rarely worked for US Vogue when this happened. So the reason for the fall out between him and Anna must’ve been something else.

Before the met gala special, his last work for us vogue was 2009

I believe the fact that he shot the Chinese themed Met edit for US Vogue was the reason Franca decided to let other photographers shoot the cover stories for Vogue Italia (starting with the China themed VI issue) and thereby ending his monopoly.

Meisel already rarely worked for US Vogue when this happened. So the reason for the fall out between him and Anna must’ve been something else.
That's right! I knew it had to do with that shoot and it pissing somebody off.

Meisel’s ed are both underwhelming.

A preview of Bente Oort by Steven Meisel:

Can't say that Bente's face is holding that makeup very well.

Can’t believe people are complaining about Karlie on a cover of Vogue.
Who do you want? Adwoa Aboah? 284838th Rianne Van Rompaey shoot?
I know, I'd rather Karlie, Joan, Lara, Raquel or Natasha over the Hadids or the new bland and boring models.

^ I expect to see Joan by Meisel in a future. Edward loves her! It's the only of the Trinity 2.0 (Karlie, Joan and Cara) that doesn't have a British Vogue cover.

Karlie delivered.

The styling is kinda too much.

But overall, its just another addition to the Meisel for UK Vogue Coffee Book

Yes Karlie! Love the cover, and she looks stunning in the editorial.

Also the cover doesn't do the editorial any justice.

The excessive glamour of the editorial was absent from the cover.

I'm not so fond of her when it comes to stuff like Estee Lauder, but Karlie is a great fashion model.

Editorials like this remind me of what I miss in US Vogue - the sight of Meisel shooting professional models.

I'm not so fond of her when it comes to stuff like Estee Lauder, but Karlie is a great fashion model.

Editorials like this remind me of what I miss in US Vogue - the sight of Meisel shooting professional models.
Well said

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->