UK Vogue July 2019 : Zoe Kravitz by Steven Meisel

Zoë's cover is absolutely stunning. She photographs so well! Lovely to see her here.

Lol makes me wonder why Meisel didn't shoot Madonna

All this conversation about the possibility of Meisel refusing to shoot Madonna is funny to me. I don’t think any photographer is that exclusive nowadays, let alone Meisel whose thirst for money has gotten more and more apparent these days. I mean come on, a decade ago, someone like Selena Gomez would have hardly gotten on his radar.

Lol makes me wonder why Meisel didn't shoot Madonna
Maybe is because one of Meisel’s conditions is that he only make shoots in his NY studio and Madonna didn’t want to go outside Europe. I guess

Reactions: MON
That said, if it were that easy, magazines should be overflowing with people replacing the old guard, and we'd be living in a new era of photographers who are making us forget about all the old ones.
We really are lucky to have lived through and experienced fashion’s golden era, aren’t we?

I’ve thought about this many times, too...where is the new guard? Who can or will be “the next Steven Meisel?” Who is the next Lagerfeld? McQueen? Rei? Galliano? Donatella? Carine? Anna? Grace? Gisele? Carmen? I could go on and on and on.

I hope the next decade brings new perspectives and exciting new faces to an industry so in need of both.

Review - 228 Pages.

GROWN-UP COOL

Cover Star: Zoe Kravitz
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Edward Enninful
8 Photos

THIS FEELING

Model: Naomi Campbell
Photographer: Jamie Hawkesworth
Stylist: Edward Enninful
9 Photos

BLANK SLATE
Models: Rebecca Leigh Longendyke, Anyelina Rosa & Anok Yai
Photographer: Craig McDean
Stylist: Sara Richardson
12 Photos

+ No special cover for subscribers this month, I received Zoe Kravitz by Steven Meisel as seen in #1!

Very excited to see that Naomi ed. I'm hoping Jamie can pull Naomi out of her "I'm the Queen" place that all of her editorials for the past several years have been. Give us something vulnerable and creative. She's one of the greatest of all time, but it's been soooo long since someone has taken her out of her comfort zone.

Just opened mine and I must say that it’s quite a nice issue. Zoe looks incredible in her shoot, especially with that little black wig.

I really like Naomi’s feature, very similar vibes to Kate’s Ed from May, McDeans spread is also a delight imo very cool but not summery in the slightest for a July issue.

Extremely happy to see Jorja Smith featured on Vogues 25 Britain’s most powerful women list. Dua was featured last July so I’m hoping this means a cover is on the cards for Jorja.

I'm fixing VI covers from 1992 and 1993. Those look all the same, studio shoots with grey background (now is white). It's a new Meisel period to me.

Stunning. As if she couldn't have gotten more beautiful.

Extremely happy to see Jorja Smith featured on Vogues 25 Britain’s most powerful women list. Dua was featured last July so I’m hoping this means a cover is on the cards for Jorja.

Ugh, one could only hope! Jorja already has another British glossy cover, so she seems all the more likely.

Ugh, one could only hope! Jorja already has another British glossy cover, so she seems all the more likely.

I’m thinking it could be next January out of pure speculation because that seems to be Edwards Young singer cover! Pure speculation though

She again? Beautiful cover... But I was waiting for a model.

Edward, I can't die without seeing Doutzen on Vogue UK cover!

Zoe is so stunning in her editorial. I absolutely adore that shot of her in Chanel. It's great seeing a modern day celebrity getting Meisel treatment and the photos are lively but still I wish there is more character and role-playing, like what he did with Nicole Kidman in the 90s.

The cover on sale at newsstand.co.uk is THE IDRIS ELBA ONE. Fair enough, it has a cover price of £2, but I still can't believe Edward went with this at all.

The cover on sale at newsstand.co.uk is THE IDRIS ELBA ONE. Fair enough, it has a cover price of £2, but I still can't believe Edward went with this at all.

I thought that was Hello magazine's job:-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoutshonor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->