UK Vogue June 2019 : Madonna by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

What a perfect cover! I love EVERYTHING about this, especially since this kinda beautiful melancholy cover is the last thing i would have expected from UK Vogue or Madonna!

Can't wait to get it in print!!

I scrolled down the image as far as her face and thought we were getting an atmospheric shot - but then I saw all the clothes, books and jewellery, and I don't get it.

It's almost unsettling, because the only people who get into the bath with that much on are the people who don't see themselves getting out of it. Clutching your old Bible to your heart as you drift away... I know it's meant to look vintage, but the monochrome only adds to that impression, because it feels like all the colour has drained from this person's life.

I love it... it’s a beautiful image... I think maybe more suitable for Vogue Italia... it definitely is a little strange as a cover but I think Madonna has starved us for something that doesn’t involve fishnets and a whip and I guess I am grateful:-D

Thankfully it's not the BDSM Madonna. The edit is giving me her Dolce & Gabbana campaign which I kinda like. Hate the pink and blue but I might getting this just because Madonna looks great and I like the mood from the editorial

Madonna doing an homage to Whitney?! I live!!

Am I missing something? I LIIIIVE for Whitney, but I don't see the homage

She drowned in her bathtub, so..

I like the image, but the blue and pink text is hilarious. The art direction and graphic design is amateur hour as with every other cover under Edward.

Well I must say above all else, this was not what I expected, and I say that in a good way. I'd like to see the full edit because it looks like there's a storyline of sorts.

Well she was found...

:rofl: STOP!
It was Lorde who started the bathtub joke, which is indeed rather tasteless. I believe Madonna could not abide Whitney and Janet. Or was it the other way around?

I love it. She doesn't look too bloated or too airbrushed to death, and I'm thankful.

Not what I was expecting. Like that its different and unconventional for UK Vogue. Very Italian Vogue with text.

Although, I rarely appreciate cover shots with a zoomed out subject as these are not newsstand friendly.

You know, I looked at this cover for couple of times and I realize that each time I look at it, it grows on me.
At the end of the day, this is a classical Madonna look, classical Madonna vibe from this cover. Really tasteful coming from her and M&M.

This is absolutely stunning and suits the Madame X era so well. In general I am just very glad to see her on the cover without a bondage theme. Yes Madonna!

And I do have to applaud the fact that Elle US, In Style US and now British Vogue are all featuring women above their 50's on their covers this month.

It's her Dolce & Gabana campaign all over again, they even shot her with pasta!

It's her Dolce & Gabana campaign all over again, they even shot her with pasta!

You think these two would be clever enough to cover their tracks if they copied another, please!

Well I must say above all else, this was not what I expected, and I say that in a good way. I'd like to see the full edit because it looks like there's a storyline of sorts.

:rofl: STOP!
It was Lorde who started the bathtub joke, which is indeed rather tasteless. I believe Madonna could not abide Whitney and Janet. Or was it the other way around?

I think Whitney and Madonna were fine. Actually, Whitney spoke in her defence few time. I think during Erotica and BTS times.

Janet shaded Madonna several times. On one occasion, she basically said that unlike Madonna, her music had class which made me laugh. That was in the 80ies. Then in mid-90ies Madonna was asked by MTV the reason she thought Janet was coming after her to which she replied that she never met Janet or smth like that and she basically then hinted in a jokey way that the reason was obvious which implied that Janet was jealous... okay, I am slightly hangover and can’t be held responsible for accurately retelling the story... take it a large pinch of salt cos for what I know I might just be playing chinese whispers :-D

Why did Madonna have to do the book dirty like that, drowning it in water? What did it ever do to her? :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karolina P
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->