UK Vogue October 2009 : Sienna Miller by Mario Testino

i finally got my issue this morning , quite a good issue , im fuming that theres no real couture ed like they did in past years , maybe it will be the november or december issues its in , they should of forgot gaga and done the couture ed
in a nut shell its celebrating british talent , i love the picture of McQueen holding a cigarette with a skull infront of him 'smoking' a cigarette aswell
kinga's ed is great :D i hope thats not her real hair though

Kinga :heart: That ed looks like it could be the saving grace of this issue.

Flicked through it in the shop - Bette Franke does look lovely on the supplement cover, and what editorials there are, seem fairly interesting, in the usual UK Vogue style. I didn't like Tim Walker's one, but at least it was a different storyline.

The editorial section seemed rather small, with lots more to look at in the front of the magazine. It didn't seem to be a terrible issue, just a typical one. I wasn't immediately attracted to buy it, but I could see myself getting it in a fortnight's time, when there's a lull in new magazines arriving, and being happy with the purchase then.

The cover was so much better in HQ. Wow. That's even a smile that reaches the eyes....:shock: How often do you see that on a Vogue cover? :heart:
It really does, it goes to show how it can be unfair to judge cover's if not in excellent quality.I sometimes even find myself loving the ones i hated after seeing in threads, because they would come alive in print when i picked them in my hands.^_^

You can view the eds in VOGUE.CO.UK. They have a video wherein they flip through the pages... LOVELY KATE ed!

oooooh gosh yay for that supplement cover! sequiiins! does anyone know ill get it being a subscriber in america? i cant remember getting any other supplements & i've been subscribing to UK vogue for a year..

Brilliantly British, A British Style Celebration
Models: Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Lily Donaldson, Stella Tennant
Photographer: Mario Testino

scanned in by me

testino eds about UK is always the most dull and borin` stuff of all his works
that ed is recalling me his works circa 1992=1993: that grey-blue background anf the mood

Last edited by a moderator:
as I said before, failed attempt. the ed itself is not bad but mario has lost his magical power to make even boring studio eds the coolest ones.
it reminds me of an editorial featuring angela lindvall (also shot by him) from the beginning of the 00's + another one (which name i don't remember either, also shot by him) featuring natasa, anouck and other models + an editorial from sep 99 featuring erin o'connor...
the last b&w couple of pictures is very nice though. I like Stella's shots.

Just a bit of model ID'ing... The model sitting down with the pink mullet like hair, and checked trousers is Thea Stratton. She's also in the Mod photo as the one furtherst to the right in the checked skirt suit.

i think this cover is the best shot of sienna of the various we've seen lately. she looks gorgeous and very natural.
kate, naomi, lily and stella look great too in Brilliantly British, but the ed awfully boring.

Yes is a classix editorial of Testino a mix direfent old works of Testino, i thinks the blurgreen studio is boring but the other photos are great, i a classic but no are bad

The Lady Who Fell To Earth
Model: Kinga Razjak
Photographer: Tim Walker

scanned in by me

More Dash Than Cash
Model: Bette Franke
Photographer: Kai Z Feng

scanned in by me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members