UK Vogue October 2009 : Sienna Miller by Mario Testino

^The girl in the centre, with half a shaved head. It took me a while too, but it's definitely her. :P
There's another shot where she's dressed like a Mod.

Why on earth has it taken so long to hit the news stands, it's never been as late as the 10th of the month. Also a little dissapointed too see they are lagging behind elle in the support they seem to be giving London Fashion Week, I've always thought Alexandra has seriously misused her position as editor of the third most circulated Vogue in publication, she in theory has a lot of clout in the fashion world but you rarely ever see her use it, which is a great shame, and putting Givenchy on the cover at such an important time for British fashion I find mildly offensive.

i thought the exact same thing, in the end, i really wasn't that excited by it. I thought the shot of Kate could have been such an amazing picture.. but it just wasn't, it looked like a poor mix up of a few old Vogue UK editorial shots with Kate and the Queens guards.. it just didn't do it for me sadly.

but im not all that surprised to be honest! i have felt quite let down by Vogue UK recently, im a little relieved my subscription is up this month!

Givenchy isn't on the cover I'm afraid. It's a Stella McCartney dress and an All Saints jacket.

I do however, overall, agree with the comments about Alexandra never really being a champion for designers, or indeed helping all that much in the way other editions do.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Master Wood, that's a really good point and i do agree with you on some levels, but there is quite a big feature on British Desginers inside(McQueen, Kane etc), there is also a page about the London Fashion Council and their input on Fashion Week, i guess that is her way of using her 'influence' around the time of LFW, i haven't read it properly yet though, so maybe i should shut up before i say something silly! :unsure: :innocent:

Also, mine only came thismorning! Very disappointed with that!

^ I think every subscriber received their copies this morning, I've not heard of anyone having had it before today anyway.

There are some nice bits about the Brit designers in this issue, but on the whole, British Vogue doesn't exactly throw it's weight behind all that much.

^ I think every subscriber received their copies this morning, I've not heard of anyone having had it before today anyway.

There are some nice bits about the Brit designers in this issue, but on the whole, British Vogue doesn't exactly throw it's weight behind all that much.

it is known the october issue is sometimes late , i hope ill get mine tomorrow , i cant believe its late :angry: it does look an ok issue

Kinga's editorial by Tim Walker looks very promissing so far! Hope the rest of the shots is gonna by as fantastic as the first one, that's such a brilliant mix of futuristic theme with a dreamy touch..:wub::heart:

I'm sick of Sienna getting covers! It's not that she doesn't look good (well - she does here) but seriously! She's on covers so often! This one is just too much - too much pink, too much text..

The eds sounds promising though.

Only excited about Tim Walker's ed...the only reason I would ever open up UK Vogue.

There's no couture ed then :(?

There's a feature/report on the couture catwalks that's a fair few pages long, but no full couture ed, no. Not like last year's anyway.

I agree that Sienna's ed is reminiscent to Kate's but I still like it... well, the preview of Lily, Naomi, Kate's ed looks really promising. Kinga's ed looks stunning to

The cover was so much better in HQ. Wow. That's even a smile that reaches the eyes....:shock: How often do you see that on a Vogue cover? :heart:

I loved Sienna's ed :wub:
I haven't seen the other editorial shot by Testino yet, but I'm almost sure his attempt to show the cool side of the UK won't work as it used to do during the late 90's/early 00's...

one thing i like about sienna miller is that she almost always looks really natural and genuine.. she has such a warm smile and never seems self conscious or conceited when she's photographed. :heart: it's a lovely photo, i agree that they should have at least put the VOGUE letters behind her face.. that wasn't very nice of them.. :P

one thing i like about sienna miller is that she almost always looks really natural and genuine.. she has such a warm smile and never seems self conscious or conceited when she's photographed. :heart: it's a lovely photo, i agree that they should have at least put the VOGUE letters behind her face.. that wasn't very nice of them.. :P
I think thats why I like this cover. It has a warmth that is so rare, when most covers are so hard and perfect, it has personality

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->