US Bazaar November 2008 : Drew Barrymore by Alexi Lubomirski

Handbag Queen

Reaction score
Saw the cover while thumbing through the lastest issue of OK Magazine last night. Cover has a very political red, white and blue theme (background colors) for upcoming election and she was in a strapless white dress.

I apologize to my fellow magazine bloggers for not having a picture to post.:(

I really dislike that she gets so many fashion covers. her own personal style is most pedestrian.

I'm not a blogger......... :argg:

thanks for the info, though!.

^:lol:

I'm kind of enjoying that all the bloggers are coming in here & finding nothing :zorro:

Thanks for the info.

Horrible cover!

drewsr1.jpg

eonline

I love Drew to death, she is just hard to not like, but damn, so sick of the same people on all the covers, and i am not a fan of the cover shot, its to sugary for me, and that heavy make-up does not look good on her.

This couldn't be a more patriotic cover in a month of election! I have to admit that I really like it! I love the colours and I love Drew's pose and smile. And to me, Drew will always be ET's little girl, she can do no wrong and she's a quite gifted actress, especially in comedies, so it's good to have a nice celebrity on the cover of a fashion mag, now that we know that we can't "win" and have a model!

The same stars are recycled over and over. Keira Knightely will be next month's cover girl followed by Renee Zelwegger and Gwyneth Paltrow!!!! Same old faces. It must really suck to be a model in today's world. Covers of fashion magazines (at least in the US) are reserved mostly for celebrities, whether deserving of them or not. So sad and unfortunate. We've got classics like Christy, Linda, Claudia, Stephanie and others (as well as today's stunning models) that they can choose from each month, and instead we put Drew Barrymore or Vanessa Hudgens on the cover. So unfortunate.

^^Paltrow was alredy on the cover this year :doh: and i wish Bazaar at least didnt feature the same stars that appeared on Vogue alredy, Glenda is really not afraid to put a "new" actress on the cover, so its just lame.

Great cheerful cover but her smile is kinda fake and frozen :rolleyes:

But i like that recent covers of Bazaar have been featuring celebs showing their greatest smiles :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the "better cover" trend from last month didn't continue...

That cover is too much. They could have been a bit more subtle, but I guess they're playing to the typical American audience. And I like Drew, but what had she done recently that warrants the cover on a fashion magazine?

this cover seems less fake than most of drew's other covers. i like this cover. i love the asymetrical look.

i dont find drew the most compelling cover subject though.

Last edited by a moderator:
i like it alot. bazaar is getting creative with their covers latley, obviously not too creative. and i love drew! this is my favorite magaziine despite whose on the cover i always get it because the contents are always amazing and even when they are not amazing theyre stilll good and way better than most US mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinribs98
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->