US Vogue April 2024 : Coco Gauff by Annie Leibovitz

Oh wow, Coco is so pretty surely they could've picked a better cover shot?

Always down for these old-school American Vogue type covers. I love the gold, the colouring and warmth of Leibovitz's photography but there's something about the mid-pose from Coco Gauff here that just deflates and downgrades the cover overall here for me.

Lol Anna thinking she’ll get people to care about tennis just because she does.

Fun dress.. but doubt that’s not enough for sales I would guess.

So bored with athletes in vogue why not like celebrities who have an interesting sense of style?? coco is still a child no?

The cover looks average. Not good, not bad.

I don´t follow tennis so I have no idea who she is... but I like the movement concept though the pose is not the best one imo, her facial expression specially.

"These Tennis People"

Shes like the Taylor Swift of Tennis....Shes the Joint Youngest winner of the US open with Serena Williams.

I think having a cacophony of influential celebrities from diferent genres is very applaudable. Not just a string of Singers and Actresses again and again.

But it's not a great cover...haha.

"These Tennis People"

Shes like the Taylor Swift of Tennis....Shes the Joint Youngest winner of the US open with Serena Williams.
You say that as if I'm trying to diminish her, but I *literally* have no idea who she is. I know Anna loves her tennis. I'm not American, nor do I follow tennis, so the winner of the US Open has zero meaning for me. So, when I see a tennis player in Vogue it's just, "oh there goes Anna again..." They literally ARE just tennis people to me, sorry.

You say that as if I'm trying to diminish her, but I *literally* have no idea who she is. I know Anna loves her tennis. I'm not American, nor do I follow tennis, so the winner of the US Open has zero meaning for me. So, when I see a tennis player in Vogue it's just, "oh there goes Anna again..." They literally ARE just tennis people to me, sorry.
I am neither American or A tennis fan. I just googled her after I saw her on the cover to understand why she got a cover. hahah.

"These Tennis People"

I think having a cacophony of influential celebrities from diferent genres is very applaudable. Not just a string of Singers and Actresses again and again.

But it's not a great cover...haha.
She's "not the joint youngest winner", she's the youngest American woman to win US Open since Serena, which is impressive (as it is winning any Slam) but more of a media stat, she's not even one of top 5 youngest US Open winners and while she had a moment she's definitely not like the Taylor Swift of tennis (so far at least) lol having said that I like Coco and she deserved a (better) cover.

This cover, I've seen far worse from US Vogue in recent times.

Fashion's relationship with female tennis players has never shown any sensible connection with their actual sporting achievements. Win multiple grand slams - mostly get ignored... win once and never again - here's your portfolio of contracts worth millions... win nothing major - what lovely blonde hair you have, please be pictured with our products.

Some of these comments are something...

Anyway, I expected Coco to get a Vogue cover last year, but good for her.
My only problem with this cover is that unfortunate facial expression. She's very photogenic, but that aint it.

Also, I will never understand the hatred Anna has for Maria Sharapova, who was created for the cover of Vogue.
Testino or Demarchelier could have made magic with her.:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->