US Vogue April 2024 : Coco Gauff by Annie Leibovitz

everything works minus the facial expression.

It's classic American Vogue, I guess... The editorial has better pics, as expected.

Reactions: KoV
This dress may be expensive, but it looks really cheap in this photo.

This cover is the definition of REACHING.

Another person with no sense of style or remarkable beauty on the cover of Vogue

Some of these comments are something...

Anyway, I expected Coco to get a Vogue cover last year, but good for her.
My only problem with this cover is that unfortunate facial expression. She's very photogenic, but that aint it.

Also, I will never understand the hatred Anna has for Maria Sharapova, who was created for the cover of Vogue.
Testino or Demarchelier could have made magic with her.:heart:
Wintour has hatred for Maria Sharapova when she featured the tennis player in the April 2007 issue of Vogue with multiple full-page photographs by Jorman Jean Roy (styled by Enninful)? Yes, she did not get the cover but I do not think that hatred is the word.

She looks good in the editorial. Her head looks really squished on the cover.

Eh. It’s good to see athletes on the cover of this rag: It’s just so… Americana.

Better a new tennis champion than another “iconic” pop tart that will never be heard from again in a year— or Sienna Miller LMFAO

The problem is the styling: It’s always so… glamour session at the local mall. Athletic bodies with a stocker musculature can’t be styled in the same way that a 5’11/size 2 body can. The cover select is so consumer catalogue.

"These Tennis People"

Shes like the Taylor Swift of Tennis....Shes the Joint Youngest winner of the US open with Serena Williams.

I do think it's funny so many people here don't know or don't care who she is considering she's pretty famous in the tennis circles. Plus, the American sports media has been hyping her for the last at least 5 years.

With that said, I think you overstate her notoriety. She's not THAT big, even in tennis. And she's not the joint youngest winner of the US Open. She's the tenth youngest. Third youngest American.

Iga Świątek is WTA's number one since 2021, won 3 Great Slams ans has passionate rivalry with Aryna Sabalenka, but Anna choose Coco...Well...

Maybe Iga can get a Vogue Poland cover, or something. She’s not famous in the US, outside of people who watch Tennis, whereas Coco Gauff’s fame has, in the past 6 or so months, transcended that. This cover has been inevitable ever since.

Something that I just realized, I shouldn't complain about athletes on Vogue... Sports Illustrated certainly isn't going to put them on a cover these days, it's BARELY still in print.

Iga Świątek is WTA's number one since 2021, won 3 Great Slams ans has passionate rivalry with Aryna Sabalenka, but Anna choose Coco...Well...
Iga's the most unlikeable number one and wouldn't sell issues.

I like the colours though they also feel a tad too familiar for Vogue. The composition of the image on the other hand just doesn't work, she's classically beautiful thus a classic portrait would have been better. She's very successful at the sport which is a favourite for the typical rich American vogue reader, she's beautiful with amazing glowing skin and it quite popular at the moment. I don't see why people have a problem with her being on Vogue when the same people complain about it recycling its subjects. Not gonna lie, some of the comments on tfs nowadays are hugely suspect.

Cori Dionne "Coco" Gauff is an American professional tennis player. She has won seven WTA Tour singles titles, including a major at the 2023 US Open, and eight doubles titles. Gauff has career-high rankings of world No. 3 in singles and of world No. 1 in doubles by the Women's Tennis Association.

these tennis girls lack beauty
25294890724-1080pnbcstations.jpg

nbcsport

obviously the definition of beauty changes wherever you go and in the world depending on individual tastes but am curious to know how she or the others 'lack beauty' which would mean ugly. Not being photogenic is understandable but lacking beauty is something else.

Something that I just realized, I shouldn't complain about athletes on Vogue... Sports Illustrated certainly isn't going to put them on a cover these days, it's BARELY still in print.
Sports Illustrated has been publishing consistently. The March 2024 issue is on newsstands now with tennis star Novak Djokovic.

Sports Illustrated has been publishing consistently. The March 2024 issue is on newsstands now with tennis star Novak Djokovic.
Yeah, but still. Blueorchid is right:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->