US Vogue 'Digital Edition' November 2023 : Angelina Jolie by Annie Leibovitz

on the site it says Vogue November 2023, on the Instagram post Vogue UK October 2023'digital cover, I really hope it's the November cover, it's beautifulScreenshot_20230927_133949.jpg

Screenshot_20230927_133949.jpg

When they finally have an interesting cover image that encapsulates commercial and editorial, starring Angelina Jolie, no less,
they used it as a digital cover.

This should have been printed!

(Sadly, no, she's not the November cover star. But I still hope that this cover gets printed, too.)

Their instagram says November too, so I'm confused... Cover is very tacky, if you ask me, but I love seeing her.

To me, it seems strategic to give her a digital cover rather than a print. I doubt Angelina much cares either way, but I feel there's an unspoken understanding that digital covers are for the B-listers and are much less desirable. This sets a precedent. And I think it will potentially help Vogue and publicists convince bigger stars to agree to digital covers and content going forward. Well, Angelina did a digital cover...

I mean, I love Angelina and how she photographs and how big her celebrity still is, but I kinda get why Kate got the cover over her.

I mean, Angelina's feature is kind of a plug for her to promote her new brand while Kate Winslet got it for playing a photographer to chronicle the events of World War II for Vogue. Vogue loves self reference to its history and "see, we were important and also socially aware and covering real stuff".

This was probably planned as a physical issue for November, but the SAG strike scrapped that.
I think it's absolutely gorgeous, and Angelina always delivers beautifully.

I like it, the colors are exciting. And I don’t like her. It must mean something then.

This was probably planned as a physical issue for November, but the SAG strike scrapped that.

Interviews and photoshoots done prior to the strike are allowed to be published as they always note in the posts, and she seems to be promoting her new clothing brand not a movie.

Oh, I just remembered that Vogue gave Rihanna a cover to promote her new fashion brand Fenty. I think Vogue might be more wary nowadays of giving celebrities covers to promote their fashion brands because nothing can predict how they will do and they might want to wait for a few seasons.

Although you could argue that Rihanna was having a cultural moment to warrant a cover, because of the success of her beauty brand and her lingerie brand, and the still hopeful expectation of a comeback album.

Angelina only has this to promote right now as Kung Fu Panda 4 is still many months away, but I'm sure she will get covers when it's time to promote the Pablo Larraín movie where she will play Maria Callas.

Their instagram says November too, so I'm confused... Cover is very tacky, if you ask me, but I love seeing her.
It will probably just come out as part of the November edition (not as a cover, sadly). In the last year or so they do that, publishing the story online upfront.

However, I like the cover (though II am not the biggest Angelina fan) and it's a pity it's not printed.

Most covers in the last several years are shot for digital consumption, not print, even if they are printed. Now we get this which would look fantastic in print and it's digital only. And it's some of the best work Annie has done in a while. Such a waste on so many fronts.

I saw the editorial and it seems exciting like she's back from the conservative Jolie to more fashion experimental Jolie. Maybe its digital because its a promo for her new fashion line.

Surprised Angelina’s people accepted a digital cover?! I mean, she really hasn’t done much of any note in quite some time, so maybe it was all that was being offered?

More of Angelina Jolie by Annie Leibovitz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->