US Vogue November 2020 : Naomi Campbell by Ethan James Green

you just proved my point smh im starting to think a lot of you are just hoping on a bandwagon or being bias. Naomi isn't the only supermodel attached to this espetein b.s. yall keep bringing up but nah go ahead and join the cancel culture for someone who clearly wont be.

hard to prove a point when you don’t know what the point is.
it was a normal curious question as I have never heard any ‘bad’ rumours about CT. you’re the one who brought that up and I genuinely, and yes, curiously asked.

also, you’re the only one stirred up about other people’s opinions which for me, unless they promote hate speech of any kind, are more than free to give.
this is a forum where we like to discuss, agree and disagree. no need to point the finger at anyone just because we have different positions.

I would love Claudia Schiffer to have at least 5 Vogue covers every year until she dies. probably no one else in this forum would like to see this happening. is it gonna happen? not likely. am I mad about it? not really.

Naomi got a US Vogue cover. is it an amazing cover? nope. some users mentioned her past to justify that she doesn’t deserve this cover even if she has gotten other Vogue covers the last couple of years. it’s their opinion. am I mad about it? nope. apparently, people can change and she’s not a b*tch anymore. good for her.

She looks embalmed. Is "Provocateur" a euphemism for raging B cause that's more likely.

Personally I think the idea of going after someone merely because Epstein knew them is foolish. I’m fairly certain Hamish Bowles was in Epstein’s little black book, why isn’t anyone going after him? Not that they should, but it just illustrates the illogical, imbalanced nature of the reaction to people being associated. If you’re in any way involved in “high society”, you associate with criminals. Period. Doesn’t mean you’re responsible for or aware of everything everyone you’ve ever been photographed with has done. Absurd.

LOVE this cover.

hard to prove a point when you don’t know what the point is.
it was a normal curious question as I have never heard any ‘bad’ rumours about CT. you’re the one who brought that up and I genuinely, and yes, curiously asked.

also, you’re the only one stirred up about other people’s opinions which for me, unless they promote hate speech of any kind, are more than free to give.
this is a forum where we like to discuss, agree and disagree. no need to point the finger at anyone just because we have different positions.

I would love Claudia Schiffer to have at least 5 Vogue covers every year until she dies. probably no one else in this forum would like to see this happening. is it gonna happen? not likely. am I mad about it? not really.

Naomi got a US Vogue cover. is it an amazing cover? nope. some users mentioned her past to justify that she doesn’t deserve this cover even if she has gotten other Vogue covers the last couple of years. it’s their opinion. am I mad about it? nope. apparently, people can change and she’s not a b*tch anymore. good for her.
My point (that was proven) is that you were one of the few that mentioned her involvement in the scandal without knowing that Christy name is also on that list among other celebrities. I'm pointing fingers towards anyone that follows suit. In fact, i could go back to the Summer US Bazaar issue thread that Christy was apart of and see not one mention of the scandal that went viral the very beginning of June. But somehow Naomi getting an overdue US Vogue cover is suddenly none deserving to members in comparison? straight up bias!

As for Claudia, she has over 60 Vogue covers with more on the way i'm sure, just like Naomi. :-)

My point (that was proven) is that you were one of the few that mentioned her involvement in the scandal without knowing that Christy name is also on that list among other celebrities. I'm pointing fingers towards anyone that follows suit. In fact, i could go back to the Summer US Bazaar issue thread that Christy was apart of and see not one mention of the scandal that went viral the very beginning of June. But somehow Naomi getting an overdue US Vogue cover is suddenly none deserving to members in comparison? straight up bias!

As for Claudia, she has over 60 Vogue covers with more on the way i'm sure, just like Naomi. :-)

the point that you missed, is that I didn’t say at any point during my post that Naomi doesn’t deserve this cover. what I said is that it’s not an amazing cover.
also, I referenced the scandals that I always heard her involved with by saying that it’s up to each one of us judgement to think that she should’ve been cancelled or not.
@Lola701 for instance got my post perfectly as I got the one where she quoted me.

now, about this issue: will I get it? most likely, as I also got her British Vogue under Edward after 20 (or a couple more) years without covering the magazine. these covers to me, matter.

I hope you’re right about Claudia and Naomi too :flower:

Not a fan of hers at all. Glad a model got the cover, though. Anna's making up for lost time with four African American covers in a row. Enough. Let's get back to some balance and get some Latinas, Asians and Caucasians on covers.

Not a fan of hers at all. Glad a model got the cover, though. Anna's making up for lost time with four African American covers in a row. Enough. Let's get back to some balance and get some Latinas, Asians and Caucasians on covers.

4 African Americans? Naomi is British and the september ones are not flesh and blood subjects.:lol:

Don’t jinx it, I’m still holding out for Jennifer Hudson to get the December cover! There were entire years of only white cover subjects earlier in the century. We can handle a slight reversal.

Best cover of US Vogue for a long time! I don’t dislike Naomi as much as other members do due to the Epstein scandal. After all, this is what fashion magazine for—to arouse some controversy, to flatter one’s vanity and ultimately to sell fashion.

Personally I think the idea of going after someone merely because Epstein knew them is foolish. I’m fairly certain Hamish Bowles was in Epstein’s little black book, why isn’t anyone going after him? Not that they should, but it just illustrates the illogical, imbalanced nature of the reaction to people being associated. If you’re in any way involved in “high society”, you associate with criminals. Period. Doesn’t mean you’re responsible for or aware of everything everyone you’ve ever been photographed with has done. Absurd.

LOVE this cover.

Exactly. Being associated with the criminal doesn’t always mean one is committing the crime as well.

"Trailblazer, Mentor, Provocateur: How Naomi Campbell Changed Modeling Forever"

Cast: Naomi Campbell, Ugbad Abdi, Alton Mason, Anok Yai (by Ronan McKenzie), and Adut Akech (by Campbell Addy)
Photo: Ethan James Green
Styling: Carlos Nazario
Hair: Jawara
Makeup: Pat McGrath

Source Vogue.com

200728_SHOT_02_334_R5_QC.jpg 200728_SHOT_13_052_R7_QC.jpg 200728_SHOT_08_046_R3_QC.jpg 200728_SHOT_04_165_R5_QC.jpg 200728_SHOT_03_027_R4_QC.jpg 200728_SHOT_07_028_R4_QC.jpg 200728_SHOT_10_034_R5_QC.jpg 200728_SHOT_15_024_R5_QC.jpg

An exquisite cover feature and exactly what I had hoped, judging from the cover shot. Ethan James Green truly is a brilliant photographer, and has provided American Vogue with some extremely memorable covers of late - including this one (eyes closed et al).

Question: that shot of Naomi wearing the sequined Valentino is supposed to be Photoshopped beyond belief, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->