US Vogue November 2020 : Naomi Campbell by Ethan James Green

Carlos has settle his place in US Vogue. It’s really time for him to develop an identity, a signature style. Nice photography and models aren’t enough for me...

Oh. My. God. That last shot in the sequined gown is LEGENDARY. Everything else, as beautiful as it is, pales in comparison - I want to frame this! So extraodrinary. Wow!

Why so much hate for Kaia, though? We all know that Naomi was her mentor. The jumping shot is so cute! At first sight, I though the side portrait was Doutzen.

From the glorious days of Meisel, Testino and M&M’s earlier works for Vogue US to this simulacrum of Steven. It feels like if Meisel was split into three and Ethan James Green, Charlotte Wales and Hugo Comte were created that day.

Apparently, a lot of people find Lizzo worthy of a Vogue US cover (still shocked), but question if Naomi is eligible for it. Being in contact with a predator, she did nothing wrong and she is still the most iconic black model in the world, a trailblazer for all the Aduts, Ajoks and etc., and to question her as a cover choice is ridiculous.

Anna did four POC covers in a row and this is the first one that is actually nice, because, well, it is a high-fashion model. Still zero creativity happening and no concept whatsoever, which renders the editorial just okay as the photographs are quite beautiful at least.

Yikes quite possibly the most basic photo of Naomi and the most basic photo in American Vogue I’ve ever seen...
At least she is not just standing there like in the rest of the shots.

^^
Even if we want to blame US Vogue, let’s not act like for the past 5 years at least (except maybe her VP cover/ed), Naomi’s modeling in print has showed range. She is generally standing there, smizing and using her hair as an accessory.
She exudes power but her work lately is more than often, the same.

The cover made a positive impression on me initially, but the more I look at it, the more I find it drab.

Is the editorial meant to be Naomi and her (current) mentees? It's standard EJG fare, and I have nothing to say about Carlos' work here, since I don't have a constructive opinion on his work (ever). There are some nice images though.

Love the ed too the silver dress would have made an iconic subs cover

Naomi does of course look great, but for me the power of the cover is lost by her eyes being closed? She looks serene and peaceful as a result, two things that are definitely not what Naomi appears to be. Elsewhere she commands attention much more and ultimately, that's what Naomi is excellent at doing. I wish it had been a stronger pose. The silver gown shot is crazily excellent. I assume she's stood on something to make the proportions so excessive rather than it being all out Photoshopping?

I know than all are excited to see a model as the cover girl of US Vogue, but it's kinda boring that image than choosed. Anyway, the others shots of Naomi will be a better cover, for example the last one posted on this thread.

This is a great example of what i want to see from Vogue US. They were never as experimental as Vogue Italia so having a cover subject that is related to fashion and an article about that person with a beautiful editoral inside works perfeclty for me. Even though the covershot could have been better i really liked the coverstory. Also surprisingly we had so many model covers this september which is a nice break from all those celebrity covers.

The silver gown shot is crazily excellent. I assume she's stood on something to make the proportions so excessive rather than it being all out Photoshopping?

this gown is from Valentino’s latest HC Collection called ‘Of Grace and Light’ where all the gowns were oversized in length, hence why the models were suspended or standing in ladders/ platforms during the show. Naomi is definitely standing in a platform for this picture.

this gown is from Valentino’s latest HC Collection called ‘Of Grace and Light’ where all the gowns were oversized in length, hence why the models were suspended or standing in ladders/ platforms during the show. Naomi is definitely standing in a platform for this picture.

My one qualm with the photograph of Naomi was the blatant use of Photoshop, where the dress meets the perimeter of Naomi's face. It's almost like the whole entire face was extracted from another shot and slapped onto this one in question. Overall, I just find it a horrible and unflattering photo.

My one qualm with the photograph of Naomi was the blatant use of Photoshop, where the dress meets the perimeter of Naomi's face. It's almost like the whole entire face was extracted from another shot and slapped onto this one in question. Overall, I just find it a horrible and unflattering photo.

now that you mentioned it, I cannot unsee the pasted on face!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minidee
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->