US Vogue February 2021 : Kamala Harris by Tyler Mitchell

Everything about this photo is terrible. The styling, the pose, the set design etc. They should have given her a cover in a year to talk about her accomplishments. I wish she was in full glam and a better suit. The picture they took of Stacey Abrams was wonderful, while this looks like a joke.

This is such a mess, the colors and the styling are horrible.

This is the cover we get for the first woman elected to the white house???

I love the color palette, agreed that the styling could’ve been better tho

I mean the girl who got ghosted by Martin Shkreli in that Elle article was even more properly styled than Kamala here. As a matter of fact, there is NO styling done for this cover.

Is she high? What is this styling? And this high school prom backdrop? Oh Tyler what did you do???

I don't like it but I don't hate it either. It's can be better, wish they go with Annie leibovitz instead, but woke Twitter will have a field day like they have with the Simone Biles cover. I don't know why Tyler keep insisting on shoving down those cheap satin fabrics everywhere, like that not your signature that just gimmick.

Obviously they can do so much better with with the styling. I wish they will out all out with her like the Harry Style cover, and dress her in couture cause that would be fun. But with a "sensitive subject" like her where everything can trigger a meltdown with T***p, they go with the safe route. I mean C***********s already have a problem with AOC Vanity Fair cover because she wear high fashion brands so I guess they don't want to cost her any trouble with the T***p***s when she even more important than AOC at this moment, so relatable it is. I can already see the meltdown of the T***p***s when Vogue will reveal this cover on social media. Personally I want everyone that will apear on the cover of Vogue get fashion treatment, but oh well this is America. And I wish she was in couture because it's maybe causing a controversy, it's also can guarantee a best selling cover like Harry one.

So with Kamala on the cover of February, I guess DR. Jill Biden either get September issue or December like Hillary. Overall a missed opportunity, but I still gonna get this issue because like Naomi Campbell cover there is some elements that I don't like, but I will support them anyway

Don't mind Kamala on the cover, most simply have no idea in how magazines she's appearing across the globe (the ones I've mentioned on here are only a drop in the ocean) But wow, way to ruin last month's set of stunning covers! This is just too rushed - the lack of styling, the ridiculous photography and set design which is hands down Tyler Mitchell. Vogue should've waited. It's too soon after her Elle cover and that one seemed better and more powerful even though she wasnt actually shot on location. But anyway, don't like this cover at all, it's simply awful.

I imagine Kamala insisted on appearing in this suit which is simply not fashion, but why not book Annie instead? Also, Anna must've had a change of heart because this is what she said about Hillary in her February 2008 editor's letter:

'The notion that a contemporary woman must look mannish in order to be taken seriously as a seeker of power is frankly dismaying. How has our country come to this?...This is America, not Saudi Arabia.'

This cover isn't real, it's a false flag.
Ethan James Green shot a stunning series of portraits, the true cover is instantly iconic.
That's the story I choose to believe, because THIS CAN'T BE REAL.

I can’t believe this is a real cover, I thought it was fan made when I saw it on Instagram. Like, I’m not expecting Vogue to turn Kamala into a Hollywood siren, but this? It just doesn’t feel right.

If the content is half as bad as this cover, we're gonna have a field day tearing it to shreds. I'm gonna bet the issue will focus on United Colors of Benetton casts of nobodies shot against equally sloppy curtains...thrilling stuff

This cover isn't real, it's a false flag.
Ethan James Green shot a stunning series of portraits, the true cover is instantly iconic.
That's the story I choose to believe, because THIS CAN'T BE REAL.

Many people on Twitter have speculated that this is fake. I’d like to think it is but sadly, this kind of aesthetic has been so prevalent ever since Anna championed Mitchell that this cover is a strong possibility.

ELLE did way better than this mess, oh well it’s Tyler Mitchell after all.

I don’t mind politicians in Vogue or even the cover but make it fashion. Or at least make up your mind on what type of cover you want. This is like a weird mashup of a fashion portrait wannabe setup with Newsweekly styling.

Can we all go google Michelle Obama’s first sitting with Vogue by Annie please?! That’s what Vogue use to do.

People on Twitter complained that Vogue failed to shoot a Black woman again since Simone Biles, but they don’t know they they used a Black photographer...

The whole conversation turns into claiming that Anna is a racist who doesn’t know how to properly style and shoot a Black woman.

We are now living in a reality where a reprinted Elle France is better than an American Vogue one. Masthead aside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->