US Vogue January 2006 : Sienna Miller by Mario Testino

All Sienna Miller editorial pictures were scanned by me from the January 2006 US edition of Vogue.

I forgot to credit my pictures earlier :(

Last edited by a moderator:
it's sad to see roland mouret saying she represents the generation..... :ninja:

Kimkhuu said:
it's sad to see roland mouret saying she represents the generation..... :ninja:

I didn't even know they were that close, though I do know she wore one of his dresses. It's disappointing... he is one of my favorite designers. :(

Does anyone want to comment on the article....or has anyone read it? I found it interesting.

^i just predict it's gonna be the usual vogue-celeb stuff, praising her for her lovely life, her great style, she's such a great actress, etc. .....i don't think i will read it, she is not really interesting to me, and i can surely waste my time on more substantial stuff than that!

It is a fluff piece. A very short article as predicted by liberty33r1b that extensively goes on about her incredible style, discusses her new short hair cut and movie role as Edie while the author follows her around to some of London's exclusive boutiques, and there is some reference about her problems with Jude and how they are great friends despite it all… If anyone is dying to read the article, let me know and I will send you the scan.

BTW can anyone review the rest of the issue - other edits etc.... a member ask me recently for more info but I am too swamped to really go through it right now. The article was the only piece I could get through so far.

here's the earl grey review from bwgreyscale.com:

vogue us january 2006. quick xmas preview

edit #1: meisel shoots trentini, lily d, sasha p, gemma.
its a good [us vogue] meisel studio shoot, but not a Great [italian vogue] meisel shoot. best thing is sasha p, one of my fave new 2005 girls & the most interesting looking model here. grace coddington styled & her work, as usual, is excellent. a few really great looks: gemma in orange hermes; sasha in purple balenciaga; lily & trentini in b&w YSL; sasha in lacroix [amazing picasso/african print]; gemma/lily lanvin; gemma lv; the hair is fun and pat mcgrath's almost-new-wave makeup is genius- it totally brings out these highly colored clothes. in fact mcgrath & coddington and these girls make this a really strong us vogue shoot, more forward than I usually see. also gemma looks different here, not sure why, but shes still great, as is sasha & lily is looking really good too.
good january lead edit. 7.75 of 10.
* ps looking at the best dressed section below, its amazing how much sasha looks like vanessa paradis in chanel. and yes that is a VERY flattering comparison!

edit #2: solange wilvert shot by ray meier. 4 pg edit. love solange shes very pretty here. she could also be shot more erotically or wilder, the gucci ads could be really hot, this is a more traditional 'lady' look; elissa santisi styled its ok but Id like something bigger & hotter. meier also has been better than this, like with julia hitch*** story for example. some good looks, chloe, chanel, fendi. clean hair & makeup. solange is by far the best thing about this story & besides that its slightly disappointing.
6.7 of 1 all for solange & the clothes.

edit #3/cover. sienna miller. interesting cover. jarring acid green chloe and pink type. very mid-late 60s. nice hair on sienna & its a cute face portrait. [vogues been doing full body covers mostly in 05, this is a retro crop cover, its interesting for that]. testino shot this. its a better sienna edit than i expected. shes kind of in edie sedgwick mode already. several of the pics refer to famous 1965 fashion mag edie pics, the b&w burberry dark coat street pic most of all. {warhol should be coming out of the manhole any second} tonne goodman styled good clothes: giles, luella, julian mcdonald, a gold burberry coat against a yellow 60s car, its all shot in london & its very swinging mod london. best pic of all, and another direct edie ref., is silver burberry dress w/black tights and silver wallpaper. visually sienna is in full edie mode: if the chelsea girl movie can capture this visual style this well the film will be looking good on that level.
on the negative side, sienna is a personality/actress much more than shes a Model. I find her presence to be childlike & much less interesting than say sasha p or solange in this issue. but shes does have that edie 'little girl lost' thing down - I imagine that IS her actual childlike vulnerable confused dippy ditsy personality too- when she started modelling she never knew the media whilwind she was about to step into, with jude's 2005 tabloid nanny scandal etc. but sienna looks more poised in these pics than most of the shy papparazzi sttuff you see. testino & tonne goodman did a good job as did the hair & makeup capturing that edie 60s vibe. good cover & edit
8 of 10.

edit #4: best dressed of 2005. a lot of the usual vogue suspects, actresses, socialites... the only ones I'll really agree with as pictured here are: lisa airan in balenciaga; selma blair in marc gingham; margherita missoni; sally albemarle in ysl. otherwise its a lot of the samo samo we've seen all year in vogue, and of the 'swans,' lauren davis as seen in jon becker's out of focus Met pic may have a beautiful rochas gown on, but she looks awful here, & the vapid swans as quoted by norwich totally fell on their face as descrtibed in vogue. IMO.
rating 'best dressed' edit: 5 of 10.

edit #5 amanda harlech's english countryside farm. amanda seems cool & there are a few nice interior & exterior pics by halard, but somehow this lifestyle feature isnt as swoonsome as some we've seen recently: the D&G sardinia one for example, was more impressive, still hamish & halard do great work almost every month so this is just a breather. and the horsey pic IS great. rating 6 of 10.

portrait: david bailey shoots jamie foxx in B&W check shirt by steven alan. bailey, even 40 years later, is STILL the best photographer in this issue. [as penn so often is 60 years later].
If only bailey had shot sienna's mod/edie edit! Im not intertested in foxx but bailey shot a fine portrait that makes me recall his mick jagger 1964 image.

edit # 6: lisa cant shot by steven klein in future-massage story. pretty tired of cant at this point [unless she can do something really racy or erotic/wild] & except for the marilyn/playboy style red lips closeup, this is not the rebellious, badboy, risque klein we've loved in W. this is an automatic-pilot, sub-sub-newton-ian, dreary 21st century klein. rating 4.5 of 10 only for the marilyn red lips.

edit #7 trentini shot by demarchelier in richard meier's new charles st bldg & pace gallery in chelsea. tonne goodman edited & this is a surprisngly strong back of book edit. partrick shot trentini much better than meisel did. looks are strong too: ann d, rochas, balenciaga [very similar print to sasha's on pg 97].
patrick has seemed dull at times to me but hes back in business here & trentinis critics shld see this: she looks great. super makeup & goodman's work along with partick & trentini is really good. better than solange's edit, even though I like solange much more as a model than trentini. rating 6.8 of 10.

VERDICT: sienna's cover & edit surprised me: testino & goodman excelled with the edie/mod vibe & sienna looked better than I had feared. shes still not a palpable model presence but she acted close enough to edie here for me. great to see sasha in the meisel story, she, lily & gemma were good & mcgrath's makeup & grace's styling were just awesome. great to see solange too but ray & elissa didnt quite strike gold this time, but lets hope for much more solange & sasha, and julia, and baguci, and doetzen, and raquel as 2006 opens up. trentini's work with patrick was also a nice surprise. I was kind of turned off by some of the best dressed, and klein can do so much more with lisa cant & generally its kind of sad here, but hopefully anna will let klein go wild this year in vogue- he certainly is in W. the rest of the ish was ok about what you'd expect for a january issue.
overall i was impressed wit the key edits as described above so this issue easily warrants
ONE THUMBS UP
& it might even be a touch better than that - for solange, sasha, gemma, lily, testino, goodman, mcgrath, and patrick and trentini too. merry christmas & happy 2006!!!!

Ditto the last three posts! Please, we're all getting so desperate! :lol:

Can someone inform me how thick this issue is? :flower:

LoveMyBoots said:
Ditto the last three posts! Please, we're all getting so desperate! :lol:

Can someone inform me how thick this issue is? :flower:

lol i think we're all very very curious

Sienna Miller Article Vogue 2006

Vogue article scanned by me - from US Vogue 2006
scan6ac.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads