US Vogue January 2006 : Sienna Miller by Mario Testino

kylie80 said:
I hate vogue. It is so unfair China gets the most amazing Kate cover ever and mine has Sienna on it. Cover sucks, article sucked, the whole edition sucked. Sorry had to rant. That Kate cover put me over the edge.
Yeah I agree! American Vogue is a crap! And Sienna is horrible ****!

a little humorous mention from clotheshoarse.com of the issue:

Versace’s Rehab Chic
Looks like 2006 will be the year of rehab chic. The January issue of Vogue heralds Donatella Versace’s spring ‘06 collection as the “strongest she’s done in the eight years since she took over the house…” Without her out-of-control coke habit, it may never have happened, opines Andre Leon Talley:
Well, as many of you know, this year she made the long journey from substance abuse to a five-week stay at the Meadows, the famous rehab clinic in the Arizona desert—and believe it or not, the mood and the colors of the tranquil American Southwestern landscape were what focused the spring collection.
vers1.jpg
vers2.jpg
ver3.jpg

The collection was devoid of references to security cameras, which Donatella says captured her every move at the clinic.

kylie80 said:
I hate vogue. It is so unfair China gets the most amazing Kate cover ever and mine has Sienna on it. Cover sucks, article sucked, the whole edition sucked. Sorry had to rant. That Kate cover put me over the edge.

couldn't agree more with u, good comment!

and i keep thinking about it, but, honestly, i still don't get what she (sienna) did exactly to deserve a us vogue cover......

Sorry, but who do all the trendy boho-chic girls credit their style to? Sienna really put that style on the map, whether you'd like to admit it or not. Influenced by Kate, sure, but there's no doubt she was well-known for it. Just because YOU don't look up to her doesn't mean that tons of people don't. Almost every item she's worn this year has been imitated in cheap stores. Plus, just like Keira, etc.. she has a movie coming out..not to mention she's working on one about a major style icon of her time, Edie. That's a lot to do with fashion (=Vogue) if you ask me. Not meaning to start a fight, just my 2 cents.

i was kinda curious as to why i was the only one out of my family to not get a xmas present from my aunt this year..but what arrived at my doorstep this morning..american vogue!! haha what a great idea for a gift!B)

^yeah, i actually got a subscription last year as a present from my grandmother, and i got a renewal this year! but i still haven't received the january issue. :(

I have a subscription and it irks me to no end that I get mine long after they hit the shelves -- what's the point? I like sienna, but is it really too much to ask for vogue to put an actual model on the cover? and I thought this issue was lame overall. I realize the january issue is generally viewed as the worst, but it seemed so uninspired. and I didn't appreciate the fendi article which was just a plug for the b fendi bag. I'm going to start buying other vogues -- which ones do you guys recommend? and did men's vogue die?

LilyGirl said:
I have a subscription and it irks me to no end that I get mine long after they hit the shelves -- what's the point? I like sienna, but is it really too much to ask for vogue to put an actual model on the cover? and I thought this issue was lame overall. I realize the january issue is generally viewed as the worst, but it seemed so uninspired. and I didn't appreciate the fendi article which was just a plug for the b fendi bag. I'm going to start buying other vogues -- which ones do you guys recommend? and did men's vogue die?

other vogues i'd recommend: british and italian. and men's vogue didn't die. it's still very much alive.

here's an old article from wwd that explains it:

Any questions about Men's Vogue's future have evaporated. Condé Nast Publications, parent of WWD, on Wednesday promoted the new men's fashion title from test to full-fledged launch. Men's Vogue will publish three times next year — in April, September and November — on its way to appearing 10 times in 2007. The rate base will be 300,000.

The current issue of Men's Vogue is projected to sell at least 150,000 copies on the newsstand, according to Tom Florio, vice president and publisher of Vogue. "That was really the final test because we knew it did extremely well with the advertisers," he said. (For comparison, GQ sells about 215,000 copies per issue on the newsstand, Esquire about 108,000.) Florio will be the new title's publishing director, overseeing a publisher, who is expected to be named within the next week. Florio said the new publisher will come from within Condé Nast (but it won't be current Gourmet publisher Giulio Capua, despite recent speculation to that effect).

Jay Fielden, who has been officially installed as editor in chief, said he will continue to work closely with Vogue editor in chief Anna Wintour, Men's Vogue's editorial director. "It's important for me personally that she's there to consult with," he said. "Maybe now she won't be around the corner, but she'll be just a floor or an elevator ride away."

But Wintour may have less time for Fielden if, as expected, work begins in earnest on a shelter-based spinoff, likely to be called Vogue Living. Florio confirmed it's "something we'd like to do this year," but added, "We're going to finish what we started with Men's Vogue before we start to talk about Vogue Living."

liberty33r1b said:
couldn't agree more with u, good comment!

and i keep thinking about it, but, honestly, i still don't get what she (sienna) did exactly to deserve a us vogue cover......

It's not what she did it's what she'll do: Sell tons of copies to non-regular Vogue buyers and expland their market.

There's an outtake in the new Teen Vogue from Sienna's Vogue shoot in it, I posted it in the Sienna thread.

style_savy said:
I absolutely loved this Madeline style blouse but $3,000 for a shirt?? That is insane.

Here are HQs of Sienna's shoot

superiorpics.com

Thanks for posting:flower:

I really liked those eds...Gemma's shawl thing in the second pic = :woot:.

thanks for the repost :flower:

i liked very few things from Vogue, mainly the supersize-me editorial by Reymond Meier.
the Gemma pages were a bit bland.. meizel seems bored

part of the best dressed list pics, photo from nytimes.com

05dressed.large3.jpg

the intro page is sienna in roland mouret and plum sykes in her alexander mcqueen designed wedding gown...

there are full page shots of brooke de ocampo, lauren davis in rochas, and miranda brooks (rochas) and daphne guinness (chanel couture)

I liked some of the clothes Sienna wears-- but again, she is not my favourite celebrity. American Vogue rocks all the same.

Retire Wintour, retire! This magazine needs a major revamp. :(

does anyone have a scan of brooke de ocampo at her home that was featured in the best dressed ed....??....
i thought she looked divine....
much appreciated....

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->