US Vogue September 2020 by Jordan Casteel & Kerry James Marshall

kokurox

Reaction score
s-l400.jpg
I saw this cover as the September issue ok eBay.

Source: eBay/tlcj7529

oh no....

here's to HOPING that it's one of many covers. (Like Billie Eilish's or Jennifer Lawrence's illustrated covers)

Though come on, you can't take a photo of a black model?

Are my eyes betraying me or does it look like a portrait of Malia Obama?

Last edited:
Let me rephrase my previous statement, because I am no longer amused by this. What a disgrace! I genuinely hope this isn't supposed to be Naomi, becuase I'd be so offended if I got the cover after all these years only to have it painted and looking like this. I don't like saying bad things about someone's art because art is subjective, but this is objectively unappealing and borderline ugly and you can't prove me wrong. I was not expecting to be wowed by American Vogue, but I was not expecting this.

Last edited:
Tbh I’m just glad it’s not gigi, it would be so gimmicky for her to make all that fuss about privacy only to save it for a big vogue reveal, i kind of secretly wish Minaj would have a cover

An illustrated cover? This is so very... May 2020 now that the VAST majority of Vogues around the globe have managed to produce conventional photoshoots amid the pandemic. Surely a Vogue-worthy fashion photographer was available in New York. Not into this, at all.

...and there I was hoping Naomi Campbell had been photographed by Ethan James Green, for a chic, refined and quintessential American Vogue portrait!

k.

Bbxh_SYy.gif

atrl.net

LOL, and so my disappointment with American's Vogue covers for 2020 continues. This is really the end of the line for Anna Wintour. Bow it gracefully.

At least I was right in putting my bets on Naomi, but never in a million years would I have expected this really terrible artwork. Don't care if it was painted by an undead Picasso, it's simply an awful artwork.

I keep seeing Malia Obama!! The long hair, the facial structure, the arched brow. Even if you zoom in on the feet (yes I compared it as well), it looks similar!

The barbz gonna be heartbroken. LOL.

Be careful Jorge! For all we know this is a portrait commissioned by Nicki Minaj entitled "Hope: Seeing our daughters on the cover of Vogue"

I keep seeing Malia Obama!! The long hair, the facial structure, the arched brow. Even if you zoom in on the feet (yes I compared it as well), it looks similar!

Please be Malia!

Reactions: MON

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->