US Vogue September 2020 by Jordan Casteel & Kerry James Marshall

I thought that it's pretty much settled that it's Naomi? Mouth, cheekbones, eyes.....
Plus it would be 21 years since her first September US Vogue cover.

Sorry but this looks bad and shouldn't be on the cover, it should accompany a story as one of those small pictures in the last pages of the magazine. The fashion industry needs to admit that social causes are not for them, let them focus on their pretentious glamorous charities.

bUJYs3fy_o.jpg

She has reached the point where she deserves a solo classic natural Vogue cover like celebrities get. They may be less edgy but they are iconic hopefully there's one coming our way.

Pic kite TFS coverchallenge/allure.com

*sorry for the mini heart attacks for those that thought this was a real cover

I thought that it's pretty much settled that it's Naomi? Mouth, cheekbones, eyes.....
Plus it would be 21 years since her first September US Vogue cover.
Huh? That looks nothng like her, different nose, mouth, i don't see Naomi at all here, and I doubt how long it has passed since her first Sept cover, would play at all for Wintour. However this could be the artist's way of how he sees Naomi, but it sure does not look anything like her, to me.

A tFS user was right about a different Vogue US cover star a few months ago (Mika S).

They said that Naomi would be on the September issue so although that painting looks nothing like her it could very much be Naomi.

Are you guys sure about multiple covers ? Isn’t Vogue going through a sales problem especially during the pandemic shouldn’t they be on a budget.

Twitter is actually liking this cover. Some say that it's better than "that woman associated with Epstein"

So I'm not sure if woke Twitter will accept a Naomi cover.
If you checked her Instagram comments they were all about Epstein it’s not just twitter

I'm just...so tired. What a missed opportunity to create a beautiful, powerful, uplifting cover.

All these attempts at the theme of 'hope' have been utterly hopeless. No wonder no one's buying magazines.

I pray there are more covers and this is just a limited illustrated edition.

The only ‘hope’ this cover is giving me is the hope that Anna will retire soon.

Why, tho? What's the point? 90% of magazine editors would've approved this disaster of a cover, because morons on Twitter (whose approval they all seek) eat it up and no one cares to create good fashion content anymore. It's not Anna's fault - if anything, she doesn't pull stunts like this very often. I haven't liked American Vogue in a very long time, but there are still far worse offenders out there (@farneti at the top of that list) that should retire before she does. I don't look forward to the future of American Vogue without Anna. We've seen it in almost every magazine that recently changed EICs, it rarely goes in a better direction.

Here's a novel idea... if I wanted to signal hope and a rebirth, I would do something interesting like a September issue of ALL NEW FACES. Give us the new. Its a new decade, and a large cultural shift is happening. Let that be the way we speak about societal issues. Fashion has always reflected the culture, so why not let new girls help steer the way as we supposedly do every season. Actually make a statement of it and start some interesting new careers.

The setting certainly looks like her NYC residence except for the white patio. The greenery, background, and rail. Would be a very odd coincidence if it's someone other than Naomi really.

Page Six

Maybe it’s Aurora James? It also looks like a very familiar actress to me but I can’t think of a name
I was thinking her as well. It resembles her. I know she's been profiled inside the pages and has had editorials inside. But does that warrant a cover?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->