Top 10 New Faces F/W 09.10

makes sense, because we haven't seen many real breakthroughs, and i think fewer new girls in general

i'm glad they didn't make any random or premature choices just to fill up the vacant spots
like last season they named Darya Kurovska a top NY newcomer??
she hardly did anything in NY, and i think it's better to wait and see who actually ends up walking

I'm actually happy there's fewer girls this year I may never know my Alina from Ragnhild to my Auguste but I'm fine with that. Last season was like an over load of new girls and I still can't recognise some of them, Sigrid, Katrin, Nimue, Imogen, Yulia K, Anya Kazakova and it goes on and on and on. I keep saying it but I'll say it again, the SS09 girls keep getting all the big breaks and are very lucky. They were all at the right place at the right time.

I think Lovani Pinnow is having a great season, she is in the running I think if she keeps it up until the end

It's Rayna's new hair.

I think Lovani Pinnow is having a great season, she is in the running I think if she keeps it up until the end

I still have no idea what she looks like to be honest.
Besides seeing her name in showlists, no picture of her has left any impression on me at all. Very forgettable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? Those cheekbones are some to remember, I think....

And I am fine with the hair....as long as it doesn't inspire the hairstyle of the show(s) she'll do. Like Tao's hair inspired the Philip Lim show...that was disastrous.

Madisyn(came last season but only did Paris)
Charlotte di Calypso(not really new but jus getting noticed)
and Jac

i wonder if models.com will give Kelsey a nod for opening Givenchy, since they gave Ranya a nod it seems just for being an exclusive in the show (unless there is something else down the pipeline)

How about Alla Kostromitchieva (sp?)? She opened YSL earlier today.

My guess and some (maybes) not sure if I got all agencies right:

(Addison Gill at Supreme)
Alla Kostromicheva at Ford
Auguste Abeliunaite at Women
Dorothea Barth Jörgensen at Elite
(Gracie Carvalho at Marilyn)
Hanna Rundlöf at Marilyn/Why Not
Jac at IMG
Karolin Wolter at Supreme/Women
Katlin Aas at Women
Kelsey van Mook at Next
Lovanni Pinnow at Ford
(Meghan Collison at Supreme/Women)
(Nimue Smit at Women)
(Tabea Kobach at Marilyn)
Tao Okamoto at Supreme/Women

I think there haven't been that many string newcomers this season. Wonder if they will go with Gracie because of the diversity. No DNA and maybe too much Marilyn? Mhm weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I notice that too, lots of girls doing really well for one particular moment. I think if style.com goes off of number/quaulity of runway shows and not anything else like agency politics, etc.. the locks are

Jac, Dorathea, Karolin

I also get the Feeling this season is lacking major diversity and the addition of Gracie would not be shocking, she has a legit chance too considering she did AMAZING in NY and has started to pick things up in Paris (Stella, Viktor & Rolf), its just she did not do well at all in Milan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->