Top 10 New Faces F/W 09.10

^ :D

i think it's a fair list (unlike last season)... all of them did very well, booking key shows in at least two cities
the exclusives and girls like Auguste (my #1 favorite), Ranya etc will have to prove themselves next season

7 & 8 look so alike that I thought those pics are of the same model.

Hasn't Anna de Rijk been around (at least in development at dna) for awhile? I used to always see her on their site and wonder how she stayed with them for so long when she never seemed to get work.

I don't really see nimue or kendra being new this season, I know Tao isn't either, but it is her breakout season as it is Anna's also, but Nimue's breakout seemed to be last season??

^I would say the definition of "break out" has changed to include a strong follow-up season to a significant debut...and in terms of runway only. Moreover, Style.com seems to be looking towards all four cities instead of just Europe now -- hence it's very unlikely that Prada/Miu Miu exclusives (Or semi-exclusives) make the list on their debut season these days, contrary to before. So for girls who miss out the first time around, there is still opportunity to get recognized.

If anything Kendra is most out-of-place as she walked in NYC/did excellent in Europe last season as well...but if one looks at her Paris showlist for FW09 it's truly difficult to leave her in the dust again.

Last edited by a moderator:
No surprises, ... well actually I am surprised at how unsurprising this list is, very fair in terms of choosing the girls by the consistency and level of the shows they did, unlike last season thats for sure

Hasn't Anna de Rijk been around (at least in development at dna) for awhile? I used to always see her on their site and wonder how she stayed with them for so long when she never seemed to get work.

well maybe she was still in school and having visa problems ???besides i think slow development is better than shooting your way up and than fall flatt.

The eastern european block seems a little weak this season, I spot a grand total of zero Russians here. which might explain my enthusiasm as the scouting over there has been reduced to a very dull ideal. I haven't been interested in style.com's list in quite a while now but this looks fresh, I don't think any of them look alike AT ALL and most of these girls seem to have something unique about them that perhaps doesn't make them automatically memorable but so far, hard to forget.

great list. and bravo, JSYK, for your ridiculously accurate predictions!!. :woot::lol::heart:

The style.com list totally not of my taste, my list should inculde Ranya Mordanova, Yulia Lobova, katya Kulyzhka, maybe they are not strong enough to be named as "new comer", so watch the next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->