Models.com Top 10 Newcomers F/W 08.09

iximisspiggyixi

Reaction score
So the shows haven't even STARTED yet and already MDC has picked their first "Top 10 Newcomer"...crazy...

kamila-front.jpg

Kamila/IMG Comp card courtesy of IMG
Straight off her massive European SS08 show, it was clear that Kamila Filipcikova was bound for new model stardom. Little did we know that her star would rise so fast as to make her one of the hottest new editorial and campaign forces in the business even as we speak. From the Feretti campaigns to the best blue chip edits you could imagine Kamila F is bound to be front and center on the runways this season as a prime example of a new generation IMG star. Stay tuned for our exclusive video Q+A with captivating Kamila.
Source: MDC (Where else?)

They did the same thing last season, no? With Meghan, Zuzana Straska (who didn't exactly live up to the hype), and someone else I can't remember.

Yep they did, you're right...it's so crazy. It's a little "counting your chickens before the eggs hatch" or whatever. Meghan didn't quite live up to her hype on the runway either.

I don't like that mdc starts the top newcomers list before the shows even start.

.............but I am surprised that he start the list with Abbey Lee (as it seems like she is his favorite as late:(p

Well, unlike Meghan who was put on the list before any runway, Kamila had a very impressive start last season - Prada, Jil Sander, to name a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->