Top 10 New Faces F/W 09.10

^She might not be on the site yet but since she is with Viva in London and Paris it's likely she'll sign with DNA like most of their promising new faces.

Ranya and Uliana didn't deserve to make the models.com list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Uliana is a bit random...but then again, it's slim pickings this season when you want to establish 10 top new girls. So few really broke through or did anything mentionworthy for a list like that. It's been a tough season for any new girl.

well Betty from MDC responded on the MDC website that they are not done with the list :unsure: I guess they are doing a top 10 for each city??? Not sure

they'll probably just add a couple of more girls, anything beyond that would be pointless imo
unless they are basing the last additions on post-season (campaign) buzz...
if there was ever a time to actually limit the top 10 to ten names, it was this season

((last season there were an even 20 (10 NY + 10 Europe), while FW08 had 18 girls))

haha yeah i remember that! loved that campaign!everyone looked like scary asian dolls
tao was around forever doing not much
she was around for like 8 seasons???

Tao is by no means a new face, she's been around for several seasons, she was in the Moschino campaign with Ai, Eugenia, Daul, Han, and Pei for FW 07...breakout season, yes, but new face, no.

My guess is that totally "new face" matters not to Style.com anymore. Especially since they called Sessilee a new comer last season. I'm done playing the guessing game with them. My choices:

Alla Kostromicheva
Auguste Abeliunaite
Dorothea Barth Jorgensen
Hanna Rundlof
Karolin Wolter
Kendra Spears
Madisyn Ritland
Monika Jagaciak
Nimue Smit
Tao Okamoto

My personal top 10 girls (no real statistical reasons, just the ones I liked)

Auguste Abeliunaite (Women)
2h652li.jpg

Style

Alina Ismailova (DNA/Viva)
24p085f.jpg

Style

Bara Holotova (IMG)
245ap35.jpg

firstview

Dorathea Barth Jorgensen (Women Direct)
2e188lw.jpg

Elle

Gracie Carvalho (Marilyn)
2uglwky.jpg

Style.it

Katlin Aas (Women)
14l0c4p.jpg

Catwalking

Kelsey Van Mook (Next)
2in90j.jpg

Coutorture

Louise Maselis (Elite Europe)
2n7e8eq.jpg

Elle

Monica "Jac" Jagaciak (IMG)
312aa9h.jpg

Catwalking

Rose Cordero (Women/Supreme)
qsjvbn.jpg

Fashionmag

I think they should have consulted you first before making their list. :wink:

I totally love your list Charlotte
It is so much easier when you see the model's faces not just their names^_^

My final top 10 list:

1. Ranya Mordanova

2. Kelvin

3. Alina Ismailova

4. Kelsey Van Mook

5. Bara Holotova

6. Mia Niara

7. Addison Gill

8. Dorothea Barth Jorgensen

9. Katlin Aas

10. Mia Frilander

My list

1. Monika Jagaciak

Yup, she was it for me. There were some other girls that looked like maybe they'll happen in the future, but JAC was absolutely the only new face that debut this season that I think is about to happen right now, this very second. I think, we were being fed this before the season even started, like it was preordained.

I may be biased because I adore her so, but she stood next to some of the biggest names working today and made them look downright pedestrian. She took backstage pictures that looked like editorials and/or ad campaigns.

When I think back on it, this will be the one and only new name I remember from this season. I hope Auguste and Mia F. make the same impression on me soon because I found them stunning, but lacking that something extra to make them memorable.

anyway, i actually went ten for ten this time, never happened before :D

23kri3p.jpg

style.com

Go Alla!
I am so happy for her, I think style.com really chose well this time

Good list :smile: Very glad to see Kendra especially.

anyway, i actually went ten for ten this time, never happened before :D

Pretty sure that you're the only one that has done that since we started predicting these :lol: Good call! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddttss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->