Valentino F/W 08.09 Paris

whoa, some people are quite harsh to the first timers this season, huh?

i also see the YSL, but think it's a good step, no? although YSL is a rather masculine take on feminity, it IS feminine. she just needs to infuse more womanness into the collection, add the glamour, reduce the masculinity a bit.

if she would have looked more into the archives and updated the Valentino look, everyone would be like "BOOO, she's just redoing the archives!!!!" now it's "BOOOO, she's not Valentino enough!!!!".

Valentino was never about edgy. it was always very wearable, safe if you wanna, very glamorous, a woman in her prime, glowing, healthy.

honestly, i'd have NO ISSUES if she would simply update the archived looks for her first 2 seasons, so that she gets a feeling of the whole look. we've yet to see what Mr. Valentino himself thinks of this.

It's just her first season...I think she needs more time to be more "Valentinolized",some of the dresses look really great though.Her impression for me is not bad at all.

I don't like it. First time I haven't liked something from Valentino. Lots of pressure for a first timer in the house of Valentino.

I adore this :clap: I love every single pieces I've seen so far, it's gorgeous, feminine & sophisticated :wub: Its beauty is even more shocking since this is Alessandra's first season :lol: I've never liked a Valentino collection this much :blush:

Valentino was putting me to sleep and starting to feel a little old lady--it might take some time to find a good balance between the new and the old, but I think it's a step in the right direction.

I feel very let down.

Valentino isn't a quiet, reserved, understated sort of label; the Valentino woman is a jet set, high flying attention seeker, and his last few collections have definatly more than represented that. Overall, this is just a big 'pretty' snooze fest, and not even as daring as what Alessandra was doing at Gucci. :ninja:

I like it [i wouldn't have guessed it's Valentino though], it's only her first collection, eventually she will adapt to the spirit of the Valentino Fashion House.. :unsure:

On the other hand, [imo] not even Karl has done so all these years in Chanel, so who am i kidding?:ninja::angel:

Ok ok i must stay positive :ninja:

it is not bad but will the valentino customer buy it? i won´t for sure as i do not see the moneys worth in it. if i were into that kind of style i would go elsewehere and cheaper
i really really miss valentino

This is not Valentino! So sad since I'm a huge Valentino fan. I wonder what he thinks about this.
If this were her own collection, it would be an ok collection. But she should have tried harder to stay true to Valentino's vision.

Of course it's not Valentino.Valentino resigned.
Alessandra didin't have to copy exactly what he was doing, which wasn't that great imo.
I really like this collection.It's very beautiful and each piece is very well made.It's simple but it doesn't bore me

I personally like it - It's like a fresher and more modern take on Valentino... I really can't wait to see her next collections and how she evolves within the brand!

Full Collection:
00010m1791.jpg
00020m1680.jpg

00030m1641.jpg
00040m1639.jpg

00050m1637.jpg
00060m1646.jpg

00070m1611.jpg
00100m1608.jpg

00080m1608.jpg
00090m1619.jpg

style.it

Of course it's not Valentino.Valentino resigned.
Alessandra didin't have to copy exactly what he was doing, which wasn't that great imo.

Well I think when you're taking over for a fashion house you should stay true to that style that made them what they are. Sure styles can change over time but she just took over and I barely see any "Valentino" at all.

looks very good after the take over; Alessandra looks pleased

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
souzaemario
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->