Valentino S/S 09 Paris

She should do such a collection under her name, i don´t see that she represents Valentino. It´s a mix of Chanel, YSL, Christian Lacrouix but i miss the Valentino touch in her collections. For her own brand it would be perfect.
In all some lovely and feminine dresses but i don´t fell it in full.

That dress on Olga is so beautiful. Such a gorgeous, saturated color. I love it paired with the oversized choker and I especially LOVE it with those flats...and I'm not a fan of flats, so Alessandra did it well enough for me to like them!

i'll admit this collection is beautiful. the clothes look so soft and delicate. however those are two adjectives i do not associate with Valentino. and i must say i'm pleased to see Alessandra leaving the house.

I don't think Alessandra is a bad designer. I just don't see her and Valentino as a good match. I would however love to see her design for a house like Chloe.

i'll admit this collection is beautiful. the clothes look so soft and delicate. however those are two adjectives i do not associate with Valentino. and i must say i'm pleased to see Alessandra leaving the house.
Your right, I don't associate Valentino with soft and delicate, either...I guess the right adjectives would be "ladies-who-lunch" and "gutless-celebrity-garb."

Anyway, that's why I loved Alessandra's work for Valentino. It was like she was taking the archives and then re-designing them for a modern woman...a woman who likes to wear flats, a woman on the go, and a woman who needs more in her wardrobe than evening gowns...and if Giambattista takes over the house, Valentino will once again be a cliche of couture and celebrity glamour...I think it will loose all relevance that Alessandra was trying to establish at the house.:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Her design is dying for..10000000000000 times better than Valentino himself's design...i just can't figure out WHY...!!

The old Valentino was the epitome of Old-Hollywood, old-world luxury, jet-set glamour. It was aimed (I feel) towards a more mature and "lacquered" clientele - the Duchesses and Baronesses of aristocrat Europe, the Golden Age of Hollywood actresses.

Much of complaint with that Valentino was that his designs were too anachronistic, a desperate effort to cling on to a world and and social hierarchy that had already died into the past.

Alessandra's designs are the true to the Valentino aesthetic, but she revived the house by making the house more modern and haunting. She injected a quality of lightness to Valentino that was missing before.

I'm going to miss her.

She should do such a collection under her name, i don´t see that she represents Valentino. It´s a mix of Chanel, YSL, Christian Lacrouix but i miss the Valentino touch in her collections. For her own brand it would be perfect.
I second that.

This is so beautiful, as were her last collections. I don't get why she has to leave.

Agree...

I miss Valentino....

I'm too tired to take a closer look but at the moment this looks Lovely!

Hmmm, am sad to say I don't like this at all. It's all over the place. Nice but not very coherent!
:heart:

what can i say...
i am loving it every minute, every piece, every look... i have a crush on alessandra for valentino since day one!!
i want to look close to all of these, and see hq's and really absorb everything! to the littlest bits of information!!

EDIT:

Facchinetti Exiting Valentino

Facchinetti Exiting Valentino
by WWD Staff
Posted Friday October 03, 2008

PARIS - Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli, the longtime accessories duo at Valentino, will take up the fashion reins and succeed Alessandra Facchinetti at the Roman house, according to sources. Facchinetti, who was succeeded at Gucci by its accessories director Frida Giannini, was said to have clashed with management over the design direction and production costs. Stefano Sassi, chairman and chief executive officer of Valentino, brushed off questions of a designer change backstage after the Valentino show Friday afternoon, saying only, “We will make the situation clear very shortly.” It is understood the move is subject to board approval.

:cry::cry:

:angry:

Beautiful. It will definitely be hard for the next designer to match up to her final collection for Valentino...

I guess I'm in the minority because this honestly looks like something from New York Fashion Week. Monique Badgley Herrera? It doesn't look very special. :innocent:

This is lovely, I especially love crystal (?) details.

one of the prettiest shows of S/S 09.

seeing her getting ditched TWICE for clueless accesorie designers is unnerving.

She carries the Valentino aesthetic well. It's a shame shes leaving..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alice730
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->