Valentino F/W 08.09 Paris

I feel very let down.

Valentino isn't a quiet, reserved, understated sort of label; the Valentino woman is a jet set, high flying attention seeker, and his last few collections have definatly more than represented that. Overall, this is just a big 'pretty' snooze fest, and not even as daring as what Alessandra was doing at Gucci. :ninja:

this is what i feel aswell.
i mean, this isnt ugly or bad, it's just plain blah to me.... i have to say i expected worse, but anyway, im not liking it (even not considering it's valentino)

00370m1109.jpg
00380m1026.jpg

00390m982.jpg
00400m913.jpg

00410m876.jpg
00420m786.jpg

style.it

I am very impressed with her first collection. It's nothing spectacular and I do see YSL in it, but I'm excited to see where she will take the label.

And I like how she tried to maintain the Valentino aesthetic in the clothes.

Yeah, it's kinda disappointing. It's not really ugly or terrible or anything, just sort of bland-ish.

I'm not feeling it, it's underwhelming and oh so very disappointing.
I don't understand how Alessandra now has an amazing brand to design for, and this is what she executes?

For me it´s not Valentino at all. It´s not bad but it´s not that good as i know this from Valentino. I miss the elegance and the amazing evening gowns he was known for.

It looks a bit too YSLish but it's gorgeous! I am pround of Alessandra! It's very hard to take place of someone like Valentino, and she did it very well and I am glad she is making the house move into a different direction!

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice. i expected a big yawn but she's taking a slightly different direction and the label needed it

I really like this, it is nothing spectacular, but I can understand her wanting to make a simple, elegant collection first time round.
Some of the dresses are beautiful.

This is not Valentino! So sad since I'm a huge Valentino fan. I wonder what he thinks about this.
If this were her own collection, it would be an ok collection. But she should have tried harder to stay true to Valentino's vision.
Agree.

I was hoping for some more romance, I have to say that I miss it... It's a little bit too stiff for being Valentino.

In a way I feel like she's got this catch 22 situation on her back. If she sticks to the archives, she's just trying to be Valentino and not dong anything new. If she tries to infuse newness into it, she's not being true to the house. It's not an enviable situation to be in. That said, I'm extremely excited for her. She was just starting to grow on me at Gucci before she was ousted.

I'm not blown away, and it's definitely lacking that pop, the impact of something truly exciting. But it's not bad, it's more cautious than anything else, which I can hardly fault her for.

I only hope that she does start to gain confidence enough in herself to really say what she thinks Valentino should be about now. We already know she can respect the heritage of a house.

Can't wait for July!

I think this is just sort of a teaser of what Alessandra can and will do...IMO this is a slightly safe bridge between Valentino's departure and her new assignements not taking to many risks and purposly avoiding making a collection which will make people either go "it's nothing new, just a rehash of the archives :yuk: " or "this has nothing to do with the Valentino heritage :yuk: " and I think that is understanable. The real test will come when she will show couture come July...that is the department that formed the core of what Valentino is all about.

Good first collection,she did good...i am not blown away or something but i belive she will have lots more to offer in the future.

oh for Christ's sake cut the woman some slack lol!
i didn't like it much either...
maybe next season it'll feel more VALENTINO, and not so YSL, hopefully

Very marketable...those coats and jackets especially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KHERLAK
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->