Valentino S/S 09 Paris

I guess I'm in the minority because this honestly looks like something from New York Fashion Week. Monique Badgley Herrera? It doesn't look very special. :innocent:

I like the shoes very much and some of the details... I think there was an ounce of potential here, but it never really carried through. Quite uninteresting, a bit tacky might I say?

i just think ag=fter al of
this she shud jus start her own
line..i think it wud do very well
i loved the collection tho i
wish i cud hav seen Maryna

Some of this is just breathtakingly exquisite :heart:

I wonder if it is a bit too subtle for some of the people in this thread ... and apparently some at Valentino? :innocent: They don't deserve her, certainly ...

It was a beautiful collectiob, so sad Alessandra is out :cry:

Very gorgeous collection. I hear what fashionista-ta is saying that it appears subtle.

I wonder if it is a bit too subtle for some of the people in this thread ... and apparently some at Valentino?
whistling.gif
They don't deserve her, certainly ...

agreed to a T.

I have always been one to not appreciate Alessandra Fachinetti's aesthetic but I really like some of this collection - its not very contemporary but it is gorgeous - the colours are just lovely!! I dont understand her fascination with flat shoes? and the over accessorizing of the ugly old lady junk jewellery but over all its actually not bad!! Even with Valentino himself being there for so long its left the brand to go stale - to be honest he should have gone years before he did!! its going to be trouble for any designer who takes over next - unless its Tom Ford ;-) x

Very beautiful, and very Valentino imo. That teal draped gown on Olga is particularly stunning, stunning enough that anyone who wears it should be forced to dye their hair red just to keep the effect.

It's such a shame, as Street_a_Licious so perfectly put it, to see her get the boot in favor of an ACCESSORIES designer. To me, that's the biggest tragedy here, that people who have no background in ready to wear design have a better shot of heading a house just because management knows that they can be easily molded. It's disgusting.

really elegant looks.
I love the jackets.
& there are a few dresses i am loving.

This collection is beautiful, bravo Alessandra!

Quite a bit Chanel, but the strangest thing is that I love it-- it's delicate, sweet, complex and kind of poufy at times and then simple. Beautiful <3

I think it's a beautiful collection but might be more fitting if it was under her own name.

I think it's a beautiful collection but might be more fitting if it was under her own name.

Exactly what I was going to say! I like her work but its not Valentino-ish. However, this was her best collection ever. She really should start her own label.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was stunned by her 08/09 HC collection,about this one, not that amazing....

beautiful, gorgeous collection. i'm a sucker for these kinds of garments.. all the chiffon and what not. it's just too bad that she's out.. so fast. unfathomable that she's being replaced by an accessories team.

This is Alessandra showing that she's evolving. The collection reminds me of Valentino's 60's stuff while throwing in the slimming elegance of today.

Some of these pieces are achingly beautiful. :smile:

I agree that it does perhaps seem a little incoherent as a collection, but given the choice, I would definitely prefer a somewhat incoherent collection with some beautiful pieces in it, to a coherent collection with none.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookbabe001
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->