Viktor & Rolf F/W 08.09 Paris

LOVE this so so much. The words are my favorite part and everything else - the coats, boots, skirts - just make it ten times better for me.

I think all of it's really ugly and boring even if you took away the tacky writing...

Sometimes I feel as if they're trying too hard.. case in point, this collection :innocent:

When I first saw this I hated it. I thought it was some kind of joke that didn't go over well, the same thing I think about most V&R collections. However, I'm starting to see acceptable individual pieces. I like the "DREAM ON" and "WOW" idea now and I would be excited to own some of these pieces myself.

I have to say that I like the slightly tougher, less candy coated and whimsical mood they seem to be hinting at.

And I hate admit that I do like some of the pieces from a strictly aesthetic POV. That fox coat with WOW shaved into it and some of the sheer black evening pieces mainly.

It's all a giant gimmick, and it's not like the clothes that go into stores are anything great so it's kind of like, what's the point?

i think this is pretty strong for V&R, it is gimmicky (when is it not with them?) but it works imo

don't like the dream coat at all, that looks sorta messy... looks like a conceptual piece gone wrong...

but i do love the dream on dresses and the no thing... cute and quirky...

I like a few pieces, but overall it's a bit jumbled. I wish there was a greater sense of direction. Though not wearable, I love the coats with the phrases. The gown in the end is beautiful.

Good call bedtimestorynyc, that was the one piece that really stood out for me after viewing the collection....i like the whole look a lot

The No coat is my favorite lettered piece for sure.
And looking past all the distracting words, I see some reeeallly beautiful clothes.--i love both of maryna's outfits!:heart:
and that red dress! :wub:

I like this collction. Especially some of the androgynous pieces (jackets). The NO coat is brilliant!

I have to have that DREAM coat.
My favourite collection in Paris so far.
Very neat.

i think this is pretty strong for V&R, it is gimmicky (when is it not with them?) but it works imo

Gimmicky ... I agree. And though some of it isn't very wearable (DREAM ON coat?), it makes you stop & stare.

Fashion is to make people stop and stare.
I'm glad they execute it well.

I see some fantastic pieces but that's all...pieces...it doesn't really "wow" me as a collection, so..."no"

I like most of the collection but that fur coat and gray coat that says “Dream” some distracts me from the rest of the collection. All in all this collection is pretty good. I love Viktor & Rolf :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->