Viktor & Rolf F/W 08.09 Paris

I love this collection, I've fallen in love with V&R again

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the words were definitely a ploy for attention..
they're trying to make a statement and though it requires further explanation from them in order to fully understand it, i think they got what they wanted..

after looking at the collection again i think there are some great pieces mixed in there..

i especially love this dress :heart:
or skirt/shirt combo.. whatever it is :P

00270mre9.jpg
00070mim3.jpg
00090mfz9.jpg

style.com

i love the staple detailing because it is so messy, almost haphazard in places, and unexpected i think..
there's a sort of nonchalance that comes with the staples..
i like the roughness and the edginess that they bring when incorporated into a garment that might otherwise be more traditionally pretty and "clean"

and i love that the shoes also have the staples in them :cool:

YES!

The staples are the best part. It's just like you said Chrissy, they take an otherwise pretty and boring look somewhere new. They're quite a perverse little detail.

I'm supposed to be annoyed with the gimmicks, but I'm just not. I like to see designers having fun with clothes. I love the Dream (Dream On?) coat! :D

EDITED TO ADD: The staples = So rad!!

This is one of the best collections that Viktor & Rolf have shown in a LONG time.

I felt it was the perfect balance of avant-garde and wearability. It was true to their aesthetic of creating 'weird clothing' but it wasn't too weird like last Fall.

Plus, it is sexy to see the models with dark eyes, red shoes and all that. Its really intimidating but at the same time you want to become one of those girls. Its an attitude which I love!

*squeals like a crazy* I love the exciting shiny purple, scrunchy black and bright red clutches that can be seen on seanutbutter's posts #117 #119!

Judging from the make up and the staple-stitching details, part of the inspiration was definitely Michelle Pfeiffer as the CatWoman. Yay!
I like the randomness of "NO!" as a message, but can't say the same with "Dream On". Although, I think they use these cheesy stuff on purpose, like the American flag print pants they did loooong ago.
In conclusion, Viktor&Rolf are definitely masters of construction. They always come up with the craziest tailoring.

I know me neither. They're almost identical to those! :D

Maybe they'll staple horse shoes to the dresses next season or drape horse blankets over the models. They could do a whole equestrian themed show with really severe hair in pony tails:lol::lol::lol: I can see it now!

I loved this collection - conceptually it was fantastic and there were some really great pieces in there. I agree about the staples as well, its the little things that count! ^_^

^the video en HQ is in their site, how can we get the flv?any idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->