Versace F/W 10.11 : Anna Selezneva, Iselin Steiro & Valerija Kelava by Mario Testino

am i the only one who thinks that there's been awful retouching with some of the shots here :ninja: some of these horribly reminds me of Valentina Z's atrocious Ralph Lauren ad; Issey's waist looks incredibly tiny and Anna S' shoulder has been magically connected straight to her neck :ermm: as for the b/w issue, if only the collection itself wasnt that colourful this would've looked really well but then, we've seen what the pieces look like, and this campaign just diminishes the full impact of the designs :doh: it screams fierce, only without the Versace charisma.

i was waiting for something more futuristic, but this is great. the best collection versace did for men by example ! love it

It's really different and edgy just like the collection but i must admit, i kinda like it!!

I have to agree with some of the others here though......i miss all the colours!! The orange and blue shades would of been soo striking.

It's deffo still sexy to me and strangely...the campaign makes the clothes look better than they did on the runway IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks like Burberry! that's what's wrong with it :lol:

This!
Which reminds me that Burberry used to be good.

I'm happy for Iselin and Anna ^_^ It doesn't look that bad, I think I just have to get used to Versace being cool instead of sexy.

My feelings about that campaigns are quite mixed and I think it's both a hit and a miss for me. First of all, the choice of the black and white doesn't make sense. Considering how colorful the collection is, I was expecting a colorful campaign in order to showcase the clothes the most efficiently possible... Here it's as if half of their appeal had been cut out. And as much as I love black and white, it isn't suitable for ad campaigns, where the primary goal remains to sell clothes, contrary to fashion editorials, which are - at least to me - a blend of art and business. As for the cast, it's completely unexpected - I'll just echo everyone on this point. I'm thrilled to see Anna and Iselin, who are models I appreciate, but in my opinion, Valerija blows them out of the water, undoubtedly. It's actually weird because among the three girls, she must be the one I would have never ever thought of to convey the aesthetic of the brand, but seeing the outcome at last convinces me that she's a brilliant choice. Actually I think the last Versace collection didn't target sexy and glamourous women - when compared to their past collections, it wasn't glitzy, flashy, pinky but highly intense and captivating, although womanly... And that's accurately what Valerija embodies : a disturbingly powerful woman.

Love this! :woot: Only thing i wish was for it to be in colour. Anna & Iselin look amazing. So surprised to also see Valerija. :clap:

Really like it. :buzz: Anna, Iselina and Valerija are great there. :clap:

The only thing I don't like about it,s is that it looks like Burberry adds (which are the most boring in the whole world).

I'm so happy to see Anna S. here. Great for her! Ans she looks perfect.
But it would be much better in colour.

Iselin and Anna are the better of the campaing very stuning
I like see Versace Dark this is good all say i like wath some diferent here are diferent no expected nothing this

I like it...usually I hate Versace ads (I think they look cheap and boring), that might be the explanation :lol:

Anna S!!! What a surprise but I'm so happy to see her here - was starting to worry she hadn't booked any good campaigns! Yay!

I love it, i like the change. Black and white is great as long as it makes this collection more raw kind of rock n roll. I really get the vibe of this campaign great change.

Anna my Sweet, only because they featured you will I even fix my mouth to say something positive......Other than that this is Horrible....Totally not what Versace is all about B&W shots are for Minimal Chic clothes usually in those colors B&W...This seem like an editorial for a D list Magazine......Versace lets move in a totally different direction Next Season...Love that you featured new models but lets keep the High Octane Aesthetic that Versace is Known for........

I cannot believe this is Versace!. It's GORGEOUS. :heart:

It's a bit edgier and darker than what I had imagined. I'm glad Mario is taking a different direction, but I don't think this suits the Versace brand.

Why Black&White? It could be so much better in color.
To models- Only like Anna.
Little disappointed about this campaign.

Wow!!! I really wasn't expecting this. I thought the collection was one of Donatella's worst but this campaign is amazing. I'm glad that they chose to do Black & White because it really puts the audience's focus on the amazing details that I never really noticed from the runway pictures. The seam detailing, grommets, zippers etc. really pop out in this compostion. This campaign makes these clothes look modern, something that they are not once you put the color back into the mix.There really seems to also be a focus on the exaggeration of the model's bodies.

It feels so raw, sexy, and cool. I'm getting such a 90s Gianni vibe from these.

Great for Anna & Iselin but Versace isn't good in B&W. Needs colour. Like, now. Also needs Meisel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSGTog
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->