Visible Bras

i think this some bra visible under a chiffon or lace dress is good, if it looks unintentional, but wearing a shirt unbuttoned just to show ur bra looks tacky.

I kind of like this. :wub:

mh6d84.png

celebrity-paradise.com | posted by Emilee

I love this look, because I love thin fabrics! Only problem is my boyfriend doesn't really see it as a "look", but more as my girlfriend is showing her underwear :ninja:

^ I think in post #123 it is Audrina's bikini that is showing, not really her bra. But similar concept. I think it is sartorially "safer" to show your bathing suit than your underwear though. Especially if you are near a pool/beach. Nice example.:flower:

Abbey Lee at the Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Libre Launch Dinner

22.jpg

wwd & style.com via abbey's thread

This look is purely circumstantial. There's a time and a place for a sheer top/visible bra. There's also a fine line between Park Ave. and Hollywood Blvd.

I only like this look when it's done like in post #122. I often do that look myself, wearing a lace triangle bra or a leather bikini top underneath my Wang tank tops.

Other than that I think it looks tacky. I hate any form of bras being visible even if it's just the strap, the color, closure, stitches or ribbons showing.

As a hetrosexual male, here is my view (& I'm fairly certain I speak for most of us men:(

I love it when there is a bit of bra showing through the garment. However, there is a line...

If it looks like bra is deliberately been displayed through the garment, THAT looks too *lutty and while we will happily look, its not something that would get much respect. On the other hand, less is definitely more and few outlines of the undergarment (front/ back, either is fine) though the blouse does more for us than as displayed in the picture posted by 'papa_levante'.

m0del's post, the girl wearing chiffon blouse with black bra is different because clearly the bra is part of the dress.

Just my thoughts

I think this trend is very ensemble specific, and not for casual everyday dressing. Some may not agree with me, but let's think back to the trend where thong knickers were displayed intentionally above jeans or skirts..... many of us could agree that was an idea that should have died on the table.

Be careful following this trend, but have fun.:D

Umm... It's called UNDERWEAR because it's supposed to be UNDER the rest of your clothing. This is analogous to the "gangsta" style of exposing your boxers by wearing your pants below your crotch Both are nonsensical and both look stupid.

i had someone visit me from LA who pointed out that so many women were wearing visible bras...

in many ways-
sometimes just the straps or sometimes under a tank with very large armholes so you could basically see everything...

and so i have been noticing it more and more...
and liking it less and less...
:ninja:...

there are many styles now with different sorts of straps so there really isn't an excuse for exposed bra straps...
and there are small bralettes and bandeaus designed specifically to go under those garments with extra deep armholes...
and that is what really looks best with them...

just wearing your regular bra, or maybe worse...something really bright so its really noticeable...
well- it doesn't really look good in most cases...

so i would agree with some of the other posters and say be very careful when you are doing this...
i know you are probably trying to look cool and edgy and trendy...
whatever...
but if you are not extremely careful about how you do this...
you will just look bad...very bad...
period...

i would advise investing in mutiple bra options and proceeding with caution...
:P

* the one caveat i would propose is wearing a black bra with a black tank top and jeans or a mini...
that's just a cool rock n roll thing and i find that to be sort of classic and acceptable...
depending when and where you wear it, of course...
^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind a little peek-a-boo (i.e. a little neon strap or a peek of black lace from the side); it can be chic and sexy. But that picture of Megan Fox with her shirt undone to the bottom of her ribcage just looks silly; it reminds me of the woman on "Seinfeld" who caused car crashes. And then J.Peterman decided to put it in the catalogue. LOL!

It think it can look cool in a trash chic kind of way. You have to be able to own that look though! Or if it's a pretty lace bandeau bra!

yeah---
i keep hearing people who dress really badly talk about 'owning the look'...

sorry---that doesn't work...
just because you walk around 'thinking' you look good...
doesn't actually translate into looking good if you are dressed like a clown...
:rolleyes:...

nothing personal...
it's just i have been hearing this from people who dress like idiots on a regular basis and think that it makes them super cool...

believe me...
it doesn't...
:lol:...

I used to hate this look but now I really like it. The trick is to wear the layer (tank, tee, etc.) only if it already has a higher neck. It's really all about the texture with this trend.

^^i dont' get this...
can you post a visual example please jf?

thx...
:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->