Vogue China August 2015 : Anna Ewers by Patrick Demarchelier

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by miguelalmeida, Jul 5, 2015.

1. miguelalmeida

miguelalmeida Active Member

2. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

I hate it. She looks like a child competing in an equestrian themed beauty pageant.

3. Mody

Mody Member

Love it Anna looks great here Quite a redemption from last month

4. Pricciao

Pricciao Well-Known Member

The new font they use for these past two issues is incredibly gorgeous, feels like a direct conversion of Vogue US text into Chinese, so commercial but also stylish. That's some tough work to do. Good for them!

5. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Stunning! Now this is Vogue China! What a stunning comeback from last month's disaster. Anna is just so gorgeous. That stare is beyond this world.

6. bluestar

bluestar Well-Known Member

Anna!!! Such a stunning cover. Her stare goes through it, so piercing. Can't wait for the editorial!

7. OllieJE

OllieJE Active Member

It seems that Angelica Cheung only chooses safety nowadays and Anna being a IT girl doesn't hurt either, but I wish she could take risks with new talents like Julia Bergshoeff or Ine Neefs or new Chinese blood

8. Aedlacir

Aedlacir Active Member

Anna is a major element in fashion right now! The cover has a studied refinement that I love. Wub me like you do, Anna. :wub:

#8 Aedlacir, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited by moderator luv2jenn: Jul 6, 2015
  9. dcmaike

dcmaike Member

Anna looks stunning, there is such a harmony in it.

10. GreyVetiver

GreyVetiver Active Member

I rarely like Vogue China (well look at last month's cover) but I really love this cover!

11. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I think magazines become more safe as their demographic expands. Still, I think Jing Wen should get her cover sometime this year.

Glad to see Anna, but I'm not too sold on the actual shot. I like the autumn elements and the new font looks so much better on this issue than the last one.

12. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

Such a striking shot, it just draws you into her intense gaze.

13. OllieJE

OllieJE Active Member

It's interesting that Vogue China has never been a sale success in China (not like its counterpart in US), not even for a fashion magazine standard, I think that Angelica concerns more about the international recognition , like now she earns the reputation because VC found its place in a legitimate team of distinguished fashion magazines, I'm not complaining , to be honest , VC is indeed the best of fashion magazines in China, but sometimes I'm thirsty for an edgier try, could be more exciting, probably ?

14. kewkaw

kewkaw Member

Very Bardot

She look flawless here :D

15. MON

MON Well-Known Member

This! It is undeniable that Vogue China is in its own league slaying other Vogue franchises and it's also undeniable that Vogue China and Angelica deserve the recognition they have now. BUT, having said that, I miss when their covers had attitude. I'm not saying that their covers are bad (except for Kendall's), but I'm slowly getting tired of the beautiful and soft portrait's that they've been giving us. I miss the 2007-09 covers where the covers were giving me energy, life and movement. Their covers lately (for the past few years) have been serious. Beautiful, but sometimes verging on lifeless.

But, I'll say it again, in its own right, this cover is beautiful! A return to the new form of Vogue China after last month's disaster.

#15 MON, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited by moderator : Jul 6, 2015
  16. Bertrando3

Bertrando3 Well-Known Member

Now this is a great cover, I love it. Patrick Demarchelier got me worried with his last few covers (like the latest Vogue Australia with Victoria B) but this is good-old Demarchelier: beautiful. I also agree: Vogue China is today one of the best best Vogue editions in the world, much better than British Vogue. Vogue Australia also is part of the big ones.

17. Creative

Creative Well-Known Member

Why do you say that? I've read multiple articles about Vogue China and they say it's been an absolute and unprecedented success.

I also think this magazine is better than Vogue UK, but in a way Vogue UK still has that VIP aura around it that Vogue China doesn't have.

The cover is sort of gorgeous. My favourite one this year from this magazine. Love the automnal feeling and the styling! And that piercing stare... That amazing face.:heart:

18. GIVENCHYlover

GIVENCHYlover Active Member

Nothing wrong - Nothing interesting.:ermm:

19. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

A lot of text, but really gorgeous image, i even like her grumpy expression.

20. GlamorousBoy

GlamorousBoy New Member

I have died of dehydration and heatstroke because of that autumnish jacket for August cover