Vogue China August 2015 : Anna Ewers by Patrick Demarchelier

this is fantastic

anna's face is made for magazine covers.

Wonderful cover! Anna's expression here is everything! And love the fall styling.

Into The Wild
Model: Anna Ewers
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier

weibo.com/edwardsky

wow :smile: make-up is beautiful. great editorial (probably gonna be ANOTHER great vc issue? :D) i think this is the only constantly good vogue around atm

A while ago Demarchelier shot Carolyn Murphy for a story with a similar set-up (studio meets outdoor), and that was much more dynamic. Anna looks good, but she's got the same pose in most of the shots.

Every single shoot looks great But as an editorial as a whole it is not very exciting Love Anna though

Exquisite setting, given the title of the story. Did Daniela even try with the styling though?

Eager to see the rest of the content! So we can move on to September, VC 10 year anniversary hoping for something big.

Meet Tom Ford
Ph. Martin Schoeller

ktnsts.m.tmall.com

The black and white picture with the Balenciaga dress stands out for me.

Looking Forward
Ph. Richard Phibbs
Celebrity: Rain
Stylist: Yoyo Yao

Vogue China iPad Ed.

I really like Anna but she was very one-note in that editorial.

Agreed, that's not Anna's best editorial. I mean she looks striking and strong, but basically she used the same poses/facial expression for every shot. It's not making me love her any less though...every other editoral of hers is amazing!^_^

^ But its her job to interpret what is asked of her. There is no way such lack of diversity in poses & face expressions is random, its what Patrick must have asked of her, and wanted.

Seems like another interesting issue from them.

i don't find anna striking enough to be in an editorial where she's not doing anything

Looking Forward
Ph. Richard Phibbs
Celebrity: Rain
Stylist: Yoyo Yao

Thanks for posting, MDNA! I've never seen Rain photographed like this before. The styling is also quite solid, but so is most of Yoyo Yao's work (she really impressed me with last year's Vogue Special Chengdu Issue featuring Li Yuchun).

Into The Wild
Model: Anna Ewers
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Daniela Paudice
Hair: Akki
Make up: Virginia Young
Manicure: Tracylee

glossynewsstand

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads