Vogue China July 2022 : Kendall Jenner by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

I like it. Kendall looks confident and she sells that outfit as well. I also like how they used gold, red, and green colors without looking like a Holiday ad campaign.

Photographer: Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Creative Director: Matt McDonald
Styling Director: Audrey Hu
Stylist: Grorge Cortina
Cast: Kendall Jenner

weibo.com/voguechina

I have to agree, Kendall actually works it here. She excels at that vacant Newton-esque femme bot look. Also wouldn't mind if she cut her hair like this too, would definitely liven up her look a bit and tap into that 80's beach going meets office femme fatale quality she kinda has (Gia Carangi like, no?).

Wish there were more shots though and a little more diversity in the looks but I understand why they are what they are.

The cover is great but the editorial is mostly filler, so I can see why that shot was chosen for the front.

The Kardashians would have been mad keen to work with Helmut Newton, but I don't know whether the desire would have been mutual. I can just imagine the outcome - headlines about how 'Helmut Newton made Kim cry' because he asked her to do something 'degrading' for a shoot, when it was just business as usual on his set.

Next week on Keeping up with the Kardashians:

The Kardashians would have been mad keen to work with Helmut Newton, but I don't know whether the desire would have been mutual. I can just imagine the outcome - headlines about how 'Helmut Newton made Kim cry' because he asked her to do something 'degrading' for a shoot, when it was just business as usual on his set.

I don't like her but can't deny she did a good work here, along with her I-D editorial form this year, are the best she had done in years...i mean in all her career....

Very Helmut Newton.

I&V continue to be the rare photographers who can let Kendull shine.
And Mert and Marcus. Looks like a continuation of her VI cover.

Despite not being the biggest supporter of Kendall Jenner, I am very much a fan of the femme fatale vibes (à la Brigitte Nielsen) and strong sense of 80s glamour here. Also loving the dramatic beauty styling and the fact George Cortina is involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->