Vogue Italia April 2009 : Eliza Cummings by Steven Meisel

I love the cover. I have to say. It's very exotic, even though I hate that word so very much. The styling is almost Middle Eastern in a way, yes? Eliza wouldn't be my first choice but she pulls it of quite well.

HQ:

Portia Freeman is inside by Meisel so I'm assuming she's a part of the main editorial unless this is a supplement? Perhaps someone with the issue can shed light.

Image Credit | Models.com

PORTIA FREEMAN, you have to be kidding me! Please tell me the rest of the issue is not filled out with Pixie, Peaches, Daisy and Alice.

I thought someone was having a giraffe when I read this. What did she do to warrant this? I'm torn if I like it or not,because as much as I may like this cover,all I can see in the back of my mind is her usual self

eww I don't like none of these girls..but with the photoshop..I hope its beautiful

Well, it's a bit weird, this cover, because it looks more like the way a poster looks after being folded for years.....Not the way a magazine looks after many cross-atlantic trips, heh. The fraying at the sides of the cover are realistic, as are the creases that are parallell with the spine. But those creases over the V and O are really unrealistic....that's not the way a cover would be accidentaly folded at all...It's impossible, really. Heh, hear the nerdy magazine collector complain :lol:

exactly what i thought ...
like a souvenir picture of the old days when you were young and not 'wealthy' and your imagination worked better than your credit card in your hands ...
very good cover and indeed (MMA) very revelant !!

now cannot wait what's inside ... especially the styling tbh ....

Portia looks terrible. 10-20 years older than she actually is. And I can't stand the styling in this issue. Just because we're in a recession doesn't mean everything has to be drab and bland. I mean, I would even prefer black to dust biege and yawn grey.

Don't really love the cover, i think she doesn't really looks like herself... but the colour effect is good i recon...

The edit is:
Darya Kurovska, Eliza Cummings, and Portia Freeman. :flower:

Sounds more interesting like this for various reasons. I'm not really thrilled by the cover and I'm not sure what to think about Portia's part, not bad not good, not completely surprising but not totally boring. It's getting even harder to predict what could be inside now that I know Darya is there too. How she will handle this, how Meisel pictures her as a character...

It might be just some random thoughts of mine but his recent choices of models don't make sense to me... which I consider as a good thing actually :rofl: as it's getting harder to understand and impossbile to predict or even to expect. There is no disappointment created by the presence of one girl and the absence of another. Plus it's quite fascinating to try to see or at least to guess where he wants to go, what he tries to do. This question without answer keeps me waiting eagerly for each issue of Vogue Italia. So, I'd say I like this cover in an unusual way, despite of the lack of visual excitement I would feel for one with Viktoriya Sasonkina or Meghan Collison. :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
When I read that the cover girl was Eliza Cummings, I Thought: ugh, another awful cover but no Its beautiful, I'm amazed!!

Very unexpected and excellent cover - it was definitely wise to use some creative skill to spice up the look :smile:

Is there a chance that Amy Greengough is in this issue? I also hope there's not the complete W cast but I would not mind Eden Clark. :heart:

Thank you BLACKLAB. I don't like the cover at all and I don't like Eliza and neither the girl on the cover butI have to say I expected it to be worse than this.

The editorial "theme" if I got it right could be cool with the crop of clothes.

ETA: Darya Kurovska? Out of the three girls I'm excited about her the most. She actually looks like a Meisel girl but I'm not really sure about her but maybe this editorial will change my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->