Vogue Italia April 2014 : Issa Lish & Bernd Sassmanshausen by Steven Meisel

This is The Shining right down to Issa as Shelley DuVall and that creeptastic Prada dude as Jack Nicholson. They've mixed in a few other elements, but for me that is the first thing that comes to mind.
Exactly what I was thinking! And the setting looks like the Overlook Hotel, too!

Some great shots in the editorial...I especially like Natalie's Miu Miu shot!

This is the most exciting editorial / cover I've seen in ages. And the video it's awesome!!
Well done Vogue Italia!!

The screen caps are a bit gimmicky imo but the editorial is amazing!!!
I don´t see japanese horror movies elements but I do see The Shining (Bernd with the axe is the most obvious one) I even think that Issa looks like Shelley Duvall in a few pics.

This is The Shining right down to Issa as Shelley DuVall and that creeptastic Prada dude as Jack Nicholson. They've mixed in a few other elements, but for me that is the first thing that comes to mind.

Shelley Duvall! That's exactly who Issa resembles! Very refreshing to see such strong and unusual-looking individuals like her and Lily McNemany being given the chance in high fashion. They breathe such needed life into these productions-- and daring editorials like this one. Feels like some time in the late-90s again with The Face magazine...

Such a dynamic and powerful editorial (yet to see the video). So glad this side of Meisel is back...loving the images from a visual and fashion POV (great work from Templer).

The shot w/ Natalie in Miu Miu is straight out of 'The Shining' as others have said, and I love it!

The main ed got me super excited for the rest of the issue, anyone knows when it will be out?

This ed is truly some of Meisel's best work lately. It is intense, evocative and visually engaging. Both Issa and Natalie nailed it. Plus, the styling is really good.

The video shows like it will be another intense controversial cover spread for VI!

The ed is so well done, i love everything about it!

Last edited by a moderator:
SUGGESTIONS
Photographer: Vincent Peters
Stylist: Valentina Serra
Hair: David von Cannon
Make-up: Ozzy Salvatierra
Models: Carola Remer, Madison Headrick, Alicia Ruelas, Brent Weber, Taylor Z, Camilla Christensen, Sam Hayes & Shaughnessy

glossynewsstand.com

This is the coolest thing Meisel has done in a long long time. What a killer (literally) editorial, from the mood to the casting choice I couldn´t be happier.

Tabitha Seen by Craig McDean
Photographer:
Craig McDean
Stylist & Model: Tabitha Simmons
Make-Up: Hannah Murray
Hair: Esther Langham
Set Designer: Piers Hammer

glossynewsstand.com

Anyone knows where can I find gifs from the video?

i cant believe everyone likes it..i think its terrible :(

Just when I thought fashion had died of boredom! Bravo Vogue Italia! This is amazing, disturbing, entertaining and I love it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->