Vogue Italia April 2017 : Sara Grace Wallerstedt by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I don´t like nor hate it, which I think it´s worse... this gets no reaction from me other than meh.
I wouldn´t even look at this twice in the newsstand. Even though it looks like a classic VI cover, it lacks that glamorous vibe that Meisel brings. Or even M&M used to bring when they didn´t copy so blatantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to see the main ed because I like the cover but not the foldout images at all. :ninja:

Saw this on instagram on a random page and seriously thought it was a fake cover made by some fans.
It's beautiful but not striking or inspiring or catchy

I like it! But like other have said, the green font wasn't the best choice. The fold out images also don't do much for me (as much as I'm a fan of Cara).

Bland... I honestly feel more from last month's cover than this, and I didnt love that cover either. Mert & Marcus have lost their spark.

Simple and elegant. Her beauty is the focal point and what a gorgeous face. Love the crystal eye makeup, just a nice touch.

Much prefer this over the March cover by Steven Meisel (and I'm a massive champion of Meisel x Vogue Italia). This quite reminds of Meisel's classic studio portraits actually, which is no doubt the reason why I love the look of this so much. I haven't a clue who the models involved are but Mert & Marcus done a fantastic job this time. Nice one!

I like it! I thought most people here would like it too but I am wrong, lol.

It's a strong, simple cover. Will it be remembered as iconic? No. But nevertheless a beautiful shot.

I love the first cover. I'm surprised by the outcome since it's M&M who shot it. They should take at least a two year break.

The fold out ruins it although Cara's shot is very, very powerful.

I really like this, this cover is very true to VI's identity. Happy for the 3 girls, they are all stunning... would love to see how the three images look together in the foldout.

I might be the only one but...This cover reminds me a lot of Snejana's iconic VI cover by Meisel

Very beautiful, and much better than the last 3 covers but I do agree that they are very inspired by Meisel. The fold out is unnecessary like most of the time.

It's like a perfect recipe turning into an underwhelming dish. The girl is astoundingly beautiful, I like the lay out, colouring and overall composition, but the result leaves me dead cold.
I think its the eyes not selling anything to me. They're just there, beautifully matching the Headmast.

I expected Sara's cover to be by Meisel actually since she is a Brokaw girl and stuff but M&M apparently thought it might be best to emulate him as well or something. It screams Meisel. I'm with Anlabe32 here, these guys really need to take a break. And since I hated Meisel's last cover, I'm at a loss here with VI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sara is beautiful and this cover is all about her. That's what Vogue Italia is, models and clothes. As long as they're done with those tacky themed issues I'm happy.

Beautiful cover! Such a massive improvement over that awful Meisel nonsense last month. So glad his days of dominating Vogue Italia are OVER.

I have to give credit where it's due. I like this. So much better than that Youth issue.

However, the fact that this is being likened to a "classic Meisel cover" is worrisome. It's like since he's not available, let's emulate his work for the readers. I don't like that. I want to see a fresh vision. If it's Meisel, it's Meisel. If it's M&M, it's M&M. No crossovers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->