US Vogue April 2012 : Jennifer Lopez by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

sounds like a good issue overall, but when will they finally stop using Raquel in US Vogue? can't see her anymore.....:angry:

better her then karlie! raquel brings it each and every time and can make even the most overdone vogue us cookie-cutter studio jumoing edit and make it seem fresh imo. she is looking especially lovely in this issue^_^ seeing the words kate moss and tim walker seems like a no fail, but knowing how much these magazines like to photoshop kate i'm not holding my breath:innocent:

I'm glad that I finally see Raquel's non-studio ed in US Vogue in a long time. I know how great she is in it, but she needed to get out of it once, at least :lol:
So, is this her first ed shot by Weber? I don't think I have seen one :unsure: She's luminous in his frame. I'd love to see often their collaboration.
For the fact that this issue has Raquel by Weber and Kate by Walker--the combos hard to be seen, it's worth enough having, I guess.
Still looking forward to Kate's ed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Raquel is amazing, hence the reason US Vogue loves using her, that's all.

Wow, it looks like a great issue!
Raquel's editorial is really lovely. As other members said, it feels refreshing to see her outside the studio. McDean's is nice as well, some people may find that kind of editorial boring, but it works for me.
Can't wait to see Kate's :woot:

Wow Raquel and Bruce Weber! A killer editorial... Cannot wait to see kate moss.
Why hasn't Vogue published the full J-lo editorial? Isn't the issue supposed to be out Tuesday the 20th?

Summer Of Love is classic Weber. I love it especially the last shot. :heart:

Tails Of The City is just a regular, studio type one but the models all look good especially Liya.

Can't wait for Kate's editorial!

Both eds are great! Can't beat Bruce Weber and the girls in Tails of the City look so beautiful, especially Guinevere!! Thanks for posting!!

As long as magazines keep exploring different photographer/stylist/model combinations, I don't mind seeing the same girl in Vogue over and over. I, too, am thrilled to see Raquel out of the studio and in front of Weber's lens. Weber's editorial is so classic and warm!

Jennifer Lopez Vogue Us Aprin 2012
Photographer: Mert Alas + Marcus Piggott
Fshion Editor: Tonne Godman

vogue.com

Textless cover. Kind of a botched photoshop job...

Vogue Twitter

this stands out SO much on the newsstands. I normally wait for my copy to arrive before flipping through, but I just couldn't help myself. It's such a gorgeous cover - the colors really really pop so much in print

^ Yes, I agree. Whether you like Mert & Marcus or not, you've got to admit that the colors of their work really stand out and grab your attention.

the colors are gorgeous but the preview of her ed such a lackluster

Looks like they couldn't decide what to do with her left foot so they gave her two right feet? :lol:My right foot is better than my left foot, my right foot-

Nothing mind-blowing altho I have to give US VOGUE props for using a relatively out of the box, non-static image (save for JLo's Hair which seems impervious to the effects of the wind machine) for the cover; that wind-blown effect is quite beautiful and adds a bit of visual intrigue, something they're not really known for. ( Also Glenda take note on how to write relevant, issue specific COVER LINES that matter).

However, I can't help but think how dull J Lo's cover is when compared to Debra Messing's epic, utterly romantic, wind swept moment in time caught by Herb Ritts in 2003. There's two things that really stand out about this cover:

1. Altho there's a lot going on text-wise, the image is so visually striking that the words become secondary and compliment the moving image. The effect is ethereal, as if Debra a lithe, wisp of a genie coming out of her bottle to play on the beach.

2. How often do you see covers that maximizes and highlights the full potential of the garmet's beauty in full motion while the celebrity (Debra's half obscured face) becomes secondary? Rarely.

rh85 scan

Only two simple studio shots for the cover story? Sounds like a rushed last minute job because Testino's shoot got cancelled.

Only two simple studio shots for the cover story? Sounds like a rushed last minute job because Testino's shoot got cancelled.

you can see that they didn't more in the video (but all with the same dress) but I don't know if it's in the magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->