US Vogue April 2012 : Jennifer Lopez by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I want to like Summer of Love and I do like it, but it is so muddled, there are good images like Raquel on the horse, Lea in the ODLR lace blouse, and the images with the kids are energetic and charming, but it looks like a mash up of contemporary hippies, gypsies from yesteryear with a dash of Sister Wives. I wish that the editors would have chunked the images into two eds, one that was OG or 2G with Raquel and Lea being hippies, and another that was a riff on gypsy life. I have seen this type of ed from Bruce Weber before, and the muddleness and the collages are kinda his thing and he produces beautiful images, but I think that for this ed, someone at the home office should have organized the printed product differently.

I'm really looking forward to Kate Moss by Tim Walker. I think this collaboration could turn out to be magical.

The preview of Checking Out looks really great. It makes me look forward to it even more..

Checking Out (the rest)
Photographer: Tim Walker
Stylist: Grace Coddington
Hair: Julien d'Ys
Make-Up: Stephane Marais

glossynewsstand.tumbrl.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh didn't even see that review was posted, sounds like a fantastic issue, and Kate by Walker is superb.

Ellastica, i second your comment, while i dont think this is a dull cover, it sure pales in comparison to that Messing from 03, still one of my favorite celeb covers to this day.

Kate by Tim Walker is superb as expected. That first shot... :wub:

Kate by Tim Walker somehow looks very Annie Leibovitz.

Aw, Kate's editorial is stunning! :heart: Grace must have been proud, it screams her to me.

:woot: I'm in love :wub: It does meet my long expectations of it! Kate looks amazing and I really love the settings and styling. It's classic, fairy and dreamy like usual work by Walker but, to me, what makes it more special is that Kate gives somewhat of classy and realistic feeling to it. Such a magical ed! I gotta see it in print.
Thanks for the pics!

Once again, from Raquel by Weber to Kate by Walker, this issue is a must-buy to me. I personally prefer it to the March issue this year :D

Oh Lord, the cover is astonishing with a HQ, I assume knock-out on the stands also.

I'm not psyched over the content posted. Although for once, I clicked on a Tim Walker thumbnail, due to Kate Moss being present, of course. I haven't even opened up Bruce Weber's editorial, I've zero interest for his aesthetics. David Sims' portraits are nice, Liya's and Candice's more than the others.

Have Kate and Tim ever worked together?? Well the result of them together is mind blowing! It's quite stunning.

The eds are blowing, great to see Kate working with Walker together for for first time, as well with Raquel & Weber.

About the cover, is ok but i don't understand why JLO is on the cover, i never though than her will be cover, i mean she is on the cover of V & was thinking than don't appear on the cover of US Vogue. :blink:

Well the results are good.

"Checking Out"
Vogue // April 2012
Ph. Tim Walker
Stylist: Grace Coddington
Hair: Julien d'Ys
Make-Up: Stephane Marais
The A Game has been brought people! Kudos to Walker, Coddington and Moss!

I wonder who does the sets for Tim Walker shoots because his sets are always amazing, does Walker do the conceptualizing and others execute? Is it a separate person? If it is a separate person, then kudos to that person as well for this shoot and his / her overall work.

^ As far as I know Tim Walker conceptualizes his eds. There was an article on his work that his drawings were accompanied to, which he did before shooting one. I have no idea who the prop stylist/set designer is, though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->