US Vogue April 2012 : Jennifer Lopez by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

...And yes, Kate's edit is totally like the Annie L edit from the September Issue couture shoot in Versailles. Also Grace's work, so maybe that is the link? The shot of Kate in the blue dress in the chair brings the Natalia V "Alice in Wonderland" shoot by Annie to mind as well. Not really won over by it, given how it feels so familiar

I love the couture editorial :cry:

Can't wait to get this issue :bounce:

kate's ed is a total let down for me; not sure what all the fuss is about :blink:. her posing looks awkward and very contrived and it's not doing the clothes justice. i mean the shot with all of the roses is bursting with more emotion and sense of wonder and vitality than kate's floppy fish impressions. she looks kind of lost in this ed. i find the set and extras more interesting to look at then the mediocre modeling, photography, styling/ gown selection.

i'm sure grace has styled a bagillion couture eds and this is certainly not her best...

I'm not too impressed with Walker's ed either. Kate really isn't bringing anything to the table here; the photography itself seems like a Walker rip-off. This is certainly different than his work for UK Vogue, they seem to let him be more free and creative there, a lot more attention is always paid to the setting. I think US Vogue has cramped Walker's style here.

LULZ at the shot of Kate in a chair surrounded by Chanel boxes with a *GASP* regular Coke on the table next to her (#183, 5th shot). Karl would not ever sanction anything but le diet!

any good scans of cover and eds?

The ed is very beautiful because of the fantastic place and clothes, but Kate... I know she's a big, but not for me, I 'd like it more if they had picked another model.

^^ Thanks Melancholybaby

It hasn't arrived to Colombia yet :angry:

BTW How many pages has this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Am i the only one over the Julien d'Ys aesthetic? its always so...frothy.

JLo UHQs & HQs

by Mert & Marcus

by Mario Testino (2005)

by Craig McDean (2207)

for an Gucci Ad (2010)

Digital Edition Us Vogue

Tails of the City
Photographer: Craig McDean
Stylist: Tabitha Simmons
Models: Candice Swanepoel, Lissy Trullie, Guinevere van Seenus, Liya Kebede, Georgia May Jagger, Karen Elson, Sophie Auster & Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis
Make-Up: Mark Carrasquillo
Hair: Eugene Souleiman
fashionscansremastered

same source

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"