Vogue Italia February 2012 : Laura Kampman by Steven Meisel

looks an amazing issue i love this magazine right now, my favourite!

Beauty
Constance Jablonski by Greg Kadel
Styled by Elizabeth Sulcer

fashiongonerogue

Yeah it seems pretty decent. The cover is nice and the main ed is one of the most interesting things Meisel has done recently. I can't decide whether I find Laura appealing or not, but at least she provokes some reaction and makes me stop to look at her. Pier Paolo's ed looks very 90s, which I always like. I'm really really curious to see the whole ed by Demarchelier. Mariacarla is such a fantastic model.

Brunette or blonde MCB? Wow, she just pulls every style you can imagine off.

MCB's editorial would've been straight up perfection if it wasn't completely styled in Gucci. Nonetheless, I like it.
Is anyone somewhat disappointed with Constance's editorial? It's very similar, maybe even part of the same photo shoot, from an editorial she did with Vogue Germany.

^^^ in fact, it remins me of this
I guess VI just separate into 2 editorials

The cover choice was an excellent decision, however the editorial just does not live up to it. It's obvious here that the model is inexperienced, she's lucky she has Meisel there to direct her. The photographs just feel empty both visually and conceptually. Another model would have balanced things out. I will not be purchasing this issue. :(

I feel that its unjust criticism. The whole argument of the model being inexperienced and preferring at 'top model' is not fair. These new models will always be inexperienced, 'empty' and flat if they aren't given the opportunity to work and learn their craft, and gain the necessary experiences to elevate their modelling skills. I'm sure at the very start of Natasha's, Freja's, Lara's etc career they would all have been inexperienced but were luckily given the right opportunities to grow.

MCB's ed is just excellent. And the main ed posted above once again just helps me make up my mind if I'm going to buy this issue :smile:

This turned out to be an awesome issue, the more I see the main edit the more I love it:D and MCB looks so amazing in that Gucci collection:heart:, which I love, the 3rd shot with her flapper 'do is my favorite, and Constance edit is so lovely/sexy.:flower:

I feel that its unjust criticism. The whole argument of the model being inexperienced and preferring at 'top model' is not fair. These new models will always be inexperienced, 'empty' and flat if they aren't given the opportunity to work and learn their craft, and gain the necessary experiences to elevate their modelling skills. I'm sure at the very start of Natasha's, Freja's, Lara's etc career they would all have been inexperienced but were luckily given the right opportunities to grow.

Well said!

i dont believe this at all. there are quite a few models who are new and whos started their career off and were able to prove themselves in front of the camera. I dont think this is a matter of whether a girl is new or not, but that this girl is bland period. There are quite a few of us who have gone from the Balenciaga thread to this one and still fail to see what is so special about her.

lol @ pic #8 in mariacarla's ed. why is she on an inversion table? it reminds me of my dad (he bought one randomly off an infomercial) it's so random! it could have been cool if she flipped over and hung upside down.

When Natasha Poly scored two VP covers in a row when she just started out, people were equally critical of the so called bland new girl. This is only Laura's second collaboration with Meisel and her debut for a major magazine. Give the girl a break. Give the girl some time. She must be doing something good, otherwise she wouldn't even be in this position right now.

The cover really reminds me of the SS 1999 Etro campaign, I'm sure it's been used other times, but I just get that image in my head and I find it very alluring, I really think Laura falls flat and gets lost between the set. On the other hand, Constance's ed reminds me of a younger Susan Sarandon, it looks unfinished and not as rich as it could have.
Marihenny and Shena's editorial looks more like a lookbook and it's just 2 pretty girls posing without any emotion.

Mariacarla's editorial is a highlight in this issue, the light is really flattering on the dresses and it's a change of what Demarchelier's been doing these past years.
Finally I think Uma looks stunning but it looks a bit unfinished, but it's still beautiful to see

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->