Vogue Italia July 2010 : Christy Turlington by Steven Meisel

The "startled" facial expression is actually Franca's fault, as it was she who chose this shot for the cover. And personally, I like the cover. It really does have a sixties-ish look to it, coupled with Christy's resemblance to a young Faye Dunaway.

I would venture to guess that more negative reactions are on the way. Makes me wonder if this cover shot actually merits those reactions...or are people just reacting to the fact that the cover girl is a supermodel and not the current flavor-of-the-month?

If anything, complain about the horrible outfit choice from Chanel's neanderthal/abominable snowman collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like it, the color is really nice. I hope the ed is nice.

YES!!!!!!!!
oh dear mr. meisel, you've hit the spot.
Christy is simply perfect and it's been about 16 years since her last VI cover, sooo well deserved.

she was on the December 2009 covers, so it's been about 6 months.

i don't like the styling here....i feel like most times people photograph christy lately they are trying to 'recapture' the way she was in her youth...:doh: i don't understand why.. she is such a beautiful woman, even and especially now.. she has life experience, a family of her own, she is educated and worldly and has tapped into her spirituality... i wish they would capture her as she is now, rather than trying to send her back to a time long gone..

Anyway, i adore her so i'm happy to see her on the cover, and she looks magnificent as always. :heart: i hope she has an ed inside?

i don't like the styling here....i feel like most times people photograph christy lately they are trying to 'recapture' the way she was in her youth...:doh: i don't understand why.. she is such a beautiful woman, even and especially now.. she has life experience, a family of her own, she is educated and worldly and has tapped into her spirituality... i wish they would capture her as she is now, rather than trying to send her back to a time long gone..

Took the words right out of my mouth. She looks so startled on this cover, like Meisel was hiding in her bushes and jumped out to snap the picture.

It's a bit too dark for me. Christy does look a little surprised. It's nice to see her though.^_^

That's 3 supers in a row for VI. Something tells me it'll be Linda E for August again.

I'm a bit sick of seeing the old supers on VI covers, and not a huge fan of Christy, but this cover is awesome! Best cover they've had in quite some time, at least this year!

Finally, a worthy cover model! Christy never disappoints and everything about this is wonderful.

do not like the cover, the way she's photoshopped, the styling, the colors it's all wrong.:(

I like the picture, the cover model does not look like Christy Turlington so I will take y'all's word on that, but I still like it.

i love christy but i dislike this cover. the background is terrible and so does the color of the fonts.

Am I the only one seeing a total Gisele resemblance? Don't like this cover at all. Christy can do better.

She is nailing it! But I wonder after using the supermodels and then there soon will be an ANTM winner cover. How is it going to be? But I really feel the cover and the vibe here. I also love her expression.

Anyway, i adore her so i'm happy to see her on the cover, and she looks magnificent as always. :heart: i hope she has an ed inside?

You are harsh on Christy. She wasn't even born the year this cover is emulating. The pose, the hair, the make-up, the stare...everything is very 60s indeed. I think it's a good cover because it adds some of the benefits of current technology to the beauty of 60s photography.

I just love that vapid look she has, so refreshing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->