Vogue Japan May 2021 : Imaan Hammam by Luigi & Iango

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by gunsnroses, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Summer Day

Summer Day Active Member

She slayed this. Nothing else to say.

badgalcrush likes this.
  2. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

LOL @the horrendous digital sparkles that sort of drags an otherwise solid shoot that serves as a great companion to the Meisel/Baron/Templer Zara campaign. This duo really just can’t help themselves with the post-production flourishes, can they LOOL

Mody, MagFan and GivenchyAddict like this.
  3. WAVES

WAVES Well-Known Member

gorgeous editorial! on the boundaries of the garish, colours wise but Imaan is killing it in every single picture.
    a must have issue for sure.

4. Xone

Xone Well-Known Member

5. oaklee91

oaklee91 Active Member

Work it girl, work it!!!!!

6. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Standing in those heels on a cliff that looks slippery? Risky!
    Wonder if they're insured.

7. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t be surprised if the shot in the yellow dress is photoshopped.

justaguy, JPineapple and Phuel like this.
  8. aracic

aracic Moderator

That striped Gucci dress shot looks fantastic!! Would've been a superior cover in my opinion. It's great to see Imaan slaying, not at all surprised by the stellar outcome.

VogueGirl8910 and Razjel like this.
  9. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Some of these shots are absolutely the result of digital-compositing (...so she’s nowhere on that precipice nor in the pool).

GivenchyAddict likes this.
  10. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

Yeah, that makes sense!

11. FashionMuseDior

FashionMuseDior Well-Known Member

I'm speechless, this is amazing! Imaan is one of those rare models of our times that truly knows how to strike a pose and give face. Every single picture is stunning and the cover is beyond!. So happy to have her in these dull times.

Razjel likes this.
  12. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

It's only getting better, with Natasha Poly and Edita Vilkevicitue now appearing on the digital covers:

13. aracic

aracic Moderator

Those new images are stellar! Can't wait to see more. This is shaping up to be one of the best issues this year!

Razjel likes this.
  14. YSL87

YSL87 Active Member

Vogue Japan is one of the best Vogue editions at the moment. Every month they give us beautiful editorials with great castings and glamorous photography. This issue is no exception. Imaan looks stunning and Natasha/Edita editorial looks super cute. Congrats ADR and Luigi&Iango for making a wonderful team and putting together incredible issues in these hard times.

15. caioherrero

caioherrero Well-Known Member

ADR would be awesome for Vogue Italia, but I think she will never accept the job of EIC again after L’uomo Vogue.

oaklee91 likes this.
  16. WAVES

WAVES Well-Known Member

@Phuel

there are two videos that I’ve seen so far on ADR’s Instagram page and we can see perfectly the pink Valli dress being transported to the rocks as also is the turquoise Vauthier and Imaan being photographed there so I wouldn’t be so sure that everything was photoshopped. actually quite the opposite. much better IMO. an even fiercer from Imaan! :boxer:

17. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

This is great! Pure frivolous fashion that doesn’t try or have to justify itself.
    It’s not New or challenging but it’s this type of magazines and issues I want to buy now.

great!

18. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

Even though I love all these images, they have nothing to do with the Japanese audience or even culture tbh.

This is exactly what VI should be since Franca died. And I would love to have a proper Vogue Japan because their approach of fashion is very impressive and interesting.

Krystalblue006, WAVES, Razjel and 2 others like this.
  19. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

^^^ Not convinced she deserves to follow in Franca's footsteps. I find her very one-note, even outdated in her fashion direction. But I a do agree that she's shown (an unintentional) dismissal of Japanese presence and identity to the publication.

No doubt these were shot on-location (... just trying to match the color-grading on an in-studio shoot to an on-location shoot can be beyond taxing and not worth the effort). I’m just not convinced that they were shot on exactly the very spot on-location that some of these final images show. There are tale-tell signs that stand out to those that are familiar with digital-compositing. I’m not even convinced that some of the gowns/dresses were submerged (and destroyed) in salt-water even when it clearly looks like they were in the shots.

It’s not a shade on this duo’s very skilled and impressive post-production talents nor Imaan’s incredible presence. But just on a matter of personal safety and economical prudence, post-production can accomplish a lot thse days when the skills, talent and creativity are able to take advantage of it: And this duo absolutely have on both aspects. And done excellently at it to boot.

#59 Phuel, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  20. Xone

Xone Well-Known Member