Vogue Japan December 2020 : Bella Hadid by Luigi & Iango

January 2021 preview

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

Now that’s a real trouble at Vogue japan...
it’s a worst possible issue out there. Terrible cover, no Ed inside and another weird gucci advertorial Inside and it’s December , like the end of the year celebration issue, a bottom line. However Let’s be honest there is nothing to celebrate in 2020

Now that’s a real trouble at Vogue japan...
it’s a worst possible issue out there. Terrible cover, no Ed inside and another weird gucci advertorial Inside and it’s December , like the end of the year celebration issue, a bottom line. However Let’s be honest there is nothing to celebrate in 2020
Now come on! That’s not true. Emily Ratajkowski is expecting a baby! :rofl:

But all joking aside, this indeed feels like a very slim issue for Vogue Japan.

OMG no editorial with Bella??

Just double-checked because I thought there may have been small thumbnails that I've overlooked, only a small version of the underwear image (as per the IG post above) appears in the issue. I guess her full edit will feature in the January 2021 issue?

Rest of the content are reprints galore:
Hunter Schafer from Allure
Emma Corrin from UK Vogue
Paloma Elsesser and others (the face mask edit) from US Vogue
Adut Akech from Vogue Australia
Carla Bruni from VP
One shot from Marion Cotillard's VP shoot
Malika Louback from VP

230 Pages

It's very obvious that the team is running out of materials. Luckily they had the Luigi & Iango shots which were done right after Fall/Winter 2020 fashion week before the lockdown and they could split the whole story into pieces to use in several months starting from August. But it seems that it's difficult for them to get new works commissioned and done later on. It started to show the lack of content last month and no surprise for this month. And I assume next 2 months (January & February) will be the same situation, as Japanese magazines have faster publishing cycle so they are basically December & January issues for other countries.

The spring/summer stories will most likely to start to appear in their March issue and from the news in cover rumor thread I guess it will be the same type of story by Luigi & Iango again.

Fashion story aside, their other content in recent issues are actually not bad. Some interesting topics to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->