Vogue Japan May 2021 : Imaan Hammam by Luigi & Iango

^See what I mean? LOL. This Vogue is basically being run as an Italian magazine.

But wow, Natasha Poly looks tremendous That pose alone shows us what we've been missing.

I really like Imaan's editorial but the cover does not do it for me. While it's a great image on it's on, it seems an odd choice for the cover. I would still take it over their previous lackluster covers. The other cover is just as stiff as any other work of Poly. I will never get the hype around Edita, she just never learned how to pose without being awkward. Poly can only pout her lips, suck in her cheeks. Everything she does, sorry to say, is so p*rn-ish.

Stunning photos of Natasha & Edita, Vogue Japan is one of the best editions of the mag can manages with fantastic fashion portfolios during this pandemic.

AdLR loves Natasha, they look stunning
Imaan is WORKING IT

I am sorry, but Natasha and Edita who? Imaan just stole the show, the girl has SKILLS! The Marine Serre swimsuit picture is one of the best fashion photographs I have seen in the last 3-4 years. That gives me some Angela Lidvall by Mert & Marcus for POP realness.

I gotta have this issue honestly! I'm liking everything you guys are posting. That shot of Iman in the sparkly triangled texture dress is very Donyale Luna.

Vogue Japan May 2021

A Wave Called Imaan

Photographer: Luigi & Iango
Stylist: Anna Dello Russo
Hair: Pierpaolo Lai
Makeup: Georgi Sandev
Cast: Imaan Hammam

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

Vogue Japan May 2021

Natasha and Edita

Photographer: Luigi & Iango
Stylist: Anna Dello Russo
Hair: Pierpaolo Lai
Makeup: Georgi Sandev
Cast: Edita Vilkeviciute, Natasha Poly

Vogue Japan May 2021

Tokyo Goes Kawai

Photographer: Katsuhide Morimoto
Stylist: Saori Masuda
Hair: Taku
Makeup: Uda
Cast: Miki Ehara, Niina Paintsil, Yumeni Ishida

Vogue Japan May 2021

Vogue Beauty: Striking Skin

Photographer: David Ferrua
Stylist: Chiara Focila
Hair: Alessandro Rebecchi
Makeup: Mayumi Oda
Cast: Aivita Muze

Vogue Japan May 2021

The Unique Fashionista

Photographer: Akiko Isobe
Stylist: Aya Fukushima
Hair & Makeup: Asami Nemoto
Cast: Naomi Watanabe, Kitsune

Even though I love all these images, they have nothing to do with the Japanese audience or even culture tbh.

This is exactly what VI should be since Franca died. And I would love to have a proper Vogue Japan because their approach of fashion is very impressive and interesting.

not really, I live in tokyo and I can quite safely tell you japanese are very receptive to all sorts of tastes and ideas, some may wear like this, while others may copy an idea and blend it into their own style...plus, if they want something really local local tastes, there are loads of other local fashion magazines to choose from...Vogue Japan offers a different perspective..

That said, this is a great issue! Love Imaan, more the dramatic editorial than cover.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->