Vogue Japan September 2020 : Kaia Gerber by Luigi & Iango

After opening Alexander Wang, I had high hopes for Kaia but her print work has always been a little underwhelming. It’s a nice enough cover but nothing special.

Then my answer is that Instagram is different because what you might find vulgar is a girl posting her own image with full creative control and agency over it. And also you bringing up p*rn in this conversation is the very reason why it's not okay to sexualize teens in fashion magazines and pretend it's just art.

Not at all I ask you a question !

Then my answer is that Instagram is different because what you might find vulgar is a girl posting her own image with full creative control and agency over it. And also you bringing up p*rn in this conversation is the very reason why it's not okay to sexualize teens in fashion magazines and pretend it's just art.

I pretend nothing, I just say that we decided on a legal age, if it's 18 years it's 18 years, if it becomes 30 years we defend 30 years, I do not see what makes Kaia a child, it is a long time that she is model and it is her job, these photos are beautiful, her body is that of a woman , beautiful and well done ! This kind of shoot seems healthier to me than the contests of girls in cinderella dress heels to the feet that play sexy women by enticing the crowd and there for the shot I find it pathetic and vulgar !

The legal age being lowered to 18 happened 50 years ago, so I feel like that number is a little outdated and archaic to begin with...

I just think we've been using teens playing dress up in women's clothing for way too long, and shoots like this are even worse. It presents an unrealistic image to the actual age demographic who's buying luxury women's wear, and perpetuates an image of teens being full fledged adults to the world when in reality, that's not the case. Like, why can't we simply... have women model womenswear?

I pretend nothing, I just say that we decided on a legal age, if it's 18 years it's 18 years, if it becomes 30 years we defend 30 years, I do not see what makes Kaia a child, it is a long time that she is model and it is her job, these photos are beautiful, her body is that of a woman , beautiful and well done ! This kind of shoot seems healthier to me than the contests of girls in cinderella dress heels to the feet that play sexy women by enticing the crowd and there for the shot I find it pathetic and vulgar !

We are talking about Kaia Gerber and we all know that the rules of model agencies don't apply to her because of her parents. So, I'm 100% sure than Kaia, her team, even her parents approved the naked shots. Like it or not, is her free choice.

In other point, as much as I defend Kaia's nude shots... wtf with the spam comments? Yesterday was in the Vogue Nederland's thread and now in this? We might not agree with some opinions expressed in this forum but these discussions are getting very awkward.

In other point, as much as I defend Kaia's nude shots... wtf with the spam comments? Yesterday was in the Vogue Nederland's thread and now in this? We might not agree with some opinions expressed in this forum but these discussions are getting very awkward.

What is a 'spam' comment? I am seeing a lot of people writing 'spam, spam, spam' but then I read the comments and it's just people responding to other people's opinions with their own.
I am new to this forum so rules might be different here than in other forums.

The nudes look awkward. Looks like a 50-yeat-old photoshopped to look 20.

What is a 'spam' comment? I am seeing a lot of people writing 'spam, spam, spam' but then I read the comments and it's just people responding to other people's opinions with their own.
I am new to this forum so rules might be different here than in other forums.

Feel free to read over theFashionSpot’s Forum Rules. I can guarantee that if you (or any other forum member) adhere to these, your time spent on these forums will be far more pleasant.

Ugh that styling is horrendous.... make me want to check some 80s glam from Vogue Paris again. Love Kaia, but this is not her best.

Although I hate Kaia, I have to admit that these are very good covers, especially if we consider what other editions have produced. I like the strong makeup and outfit they chose.
Looking at the previous issues I think ADR should take over VI. She is one of the very few that gives us real fashion.

I guess I have reached my limited for L&I for vogue Japan cause it looks so repetitive.
The photoshop they done to her face makes her unrecognizable. In some pics she even looks like Penelope Cruz.
Nudity or not for me it just simply bad photography and bad photoshop. And extreme repetitive formula make this supposedly big deal so non event

The black and white shot is divine so is the close up cover and accompanying image. Her modeling has most definitely come of age

Okay, coming back to this thread, that close up and and monochrome latex dress shot are divine. How they chose that shot for a cover and that nude still baffle me, but those two shots are really good.

You aren't a vulnerable child when you are 18, you old enough to vote and consent by 16 in most places, you old enough drink, own a gun, in some places as an 18 year old. So when exactly do people stop being a child? I mean I know people that left the house, got married, and had children at 18 years old, many of them went by quite fine. And if you turn 18 and you wanna say its nudity time? Well you do you.

But more onto the merits of the actual issue its self, I wouldn't say its the most spectacular thing in the world, Kaia still needs to improve her skills, but I know she has been improving bit by bit so I'm not going to rag on about that too much. But I like some of the style especially the portrait its quite nice, and some of the black and whites I don't they kind of just feel classic to me. So its nothing spectacular but no where near bad, its just good. I'll be looking into buying this eventually.

They had Mayowa, Amar, Shanelle, and Aliet and they decided to use Kaia? CHOICES.

A woman can do whatever she wants with her body. She can pose nude for all we care, provided she does so voluntarily. Kaia is no longer a child. To continuously consider her as such is reductive.

These photos of hers may seem suggestive and vulgar to some, but so long as she's happy with it, who are we to police it? However, in a fashion standpoint, these do nothing for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->