Vogue Japan September 2020 : Kaia Gerber by Luigi & Iango

OMFG ahahaha with all these AMAZING looking black models they had to use Kaia?????????? You can clearly see the major shots and all are cover worthy pics and they went with that naked shot? COME ON, and yes she can pose naked but I still see a child here, not a woman.

I find this baffling to throw these covers after revealing Kaia's first. These covers, as great as they are, somehow pass as secondary. But maybe it's just me. They look far better and could have stand on their own. I'm really liking Amar and Aliet's especially!

Cmon, it's not that bad, especially when you think of what Vogue covers are looking like nowadays.lol

Ok I take that back after seeing all the tremendously gorgeous shots of those black models...

Oh, wow. Stunning new photographs (although the styling is mostly questionable, as usual)! I'm surprised they didn't do their usual September group cover with these girls, but then again the question is - how would black models sell in Japan? I don't know enough about japanese culture to claim anything, but it seems like Kaia is an easier sell and that makes her an obvious choice for the covergirl.
Also, the only preview that would work as a newsstand cover here is Mayowa's in my opinion. Eventually Shanelle's, but Mayowa's fierceness makes her look spectacular in every shot. She's such a superstar!

Stunning covers though they are simply courting controversy by releasing them as an after thought

Seems I'm a little late to this party, but also wanted to say that Kaia's shoot makes me a bit uncomfortable.

I love nudity and sexuality in imagery. But this is pushing it.

Kaia looks younger than her age. ADR and Luigi and Iango were so busy salivating over the fact that they COULD finally shoot Kaia nude and sexy, they didn't stop to think if they SHOULD. Lol a jurassic park mentality was held in making this editorial.

Actually I don't have a problem with the photography. Or even Kaia's modeling. But I do have a problem with the styling and the make up. Those tights are the epitome of tacky in that image. Kaia's face has been painted to look like a child getting into her mom's make up so she can look old enough for a movie ticket to an R rated film. She looks like Lolita. She looks like Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver. And lastly patent leather thigh high boots and nothing else on an 18 year old????

Karlie Kloss' first nude shoot was mentioned earlier in this thread. I believe that shoot was able to maintain a sense of class and elegance. same goes for Gigi and Bella for their nude shoots for VP. This VJ shoot though is playing with vulgarity. And if you're going to do that you need to not book a model who looks 15 years old. Or push it to the absolute limit so people know it is an artistic commentary on nudity, vulgarity, and a person becoming a sexual adult. And not just "SHE'S LEGAL NOW! COME AND GET IT!"

edit: ok I just saw the corset picture.....jeez!

Last edited:
Lol a jurassic park mentality was held in making this editorial

I absolutely agree with you and everything you just said but I have to say I smiled with the Jurassic Park reference ahahahah John Hammond was so funny in the movie ahaha ''Spared no expense!'' ahaha and my favorite one: ''I don't believe. I don't believe it! You're [Grant and Ellie] meant to come down here and defend me against these characters [Malcolm and Gennaro], and the only one I've got on my side is the bloodsucking lawyer!'' :lol::lol::lol:

Stunning covers though they are simply courting controversy by releasing them as an after thought

They're not actual covers, they always do this with extra 'covers' that appear inside the editorial. They're promotional only and are always released after the main cover story so I doubt it's an after thought.

The editorial reminded me of some L&I work for Lui Magazine.

They're not actual covers, they always do this with extra 'covers' that appear inside the editorial. They're promotional only and are always released after the main cover story so I doubt it's an after thought.

Funny enough many of them look better than the main cover

The last shots are miles better than the main cover, both girls look so flawless with a striking poses.

Shocked to see Kaia nude on the magazines & both photos are weak & bland, but i admit that i like the red coat's photo because is one of the best of her work on these days.

Vogue Japan September 2020

Kaia

Photographer: Luigi & Iango
Stylist: Anna Dello Russo
Hair: Luigi Murenu
Makeup: Tom Pecheux
Manicure: Beatrice Eni
Cast: Kaia Gerber

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

The Joy of All Tomorrow's

Makeup: Georgi Sandev
Cast: Aliet Sarah, Amar Akway, Mayowa Nicholas, Shanelle Nyasiase

Vogue Beauty: Beauty's New Attitude

Photographer: Pablo Rothschild
Hair & Makeup: Dani Rull
Cast: Mildred Gustafsson

OMFGGGGGG BEAUTIFULLLLLL WOW WOW WOWWWW guys !!! These black models are awesomeeeee I haven't been that impressed by an editorial and a group of models like these in a loooooong time. I'm truly in utter shock! STUNNINGGGG. Each image is cover worthy ! DAMN! Bring back 2007 when Vogue international editions were using reprints every month loooool = stellar shoot:
- casting
- photography
- styling
- hair and makeup
- layout
- editing
LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEE

The Joy of All Tomorrow's

Makeup: Georgi Sandev
Cast: Aliet Sarah, Amar Akway, Mayowa Nicholas, Shanelle Nyasiase

You're a superstar Benn98 !!! :clap:

The Joy Of All Tomorrow's is really stunning, but man! I'm completely blown away by Kaia's story. So strong, so spectacular - it's precisely my favorite type of editorial. Loving the vintage vibes. It's like a present day reincarnation of Gia Caragni by Richard Avedon. Splendid!
It's such a shame that the naked shots got scrapped. I bet they would've looked magnificent in print!

I love it! Kaia looks stunning, and the second editorial... my god, is magnificent! Kuddos to Vogue Japan for producing excellent editorials.

Btw, some comments here are very awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->