Vogue Paris August 2008 : Daria Werbowy by Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Here's the big secret:

It's very simple.
Just be a brute and kill your mag!

Here's my mag after the crime :neutral: :shock:
(Warning: don't enlarge the pic if you don't think you can take it.)

I know it's a horrible horrible sight but it's the only way I found to have very good scans.

^_^ :lol: :lol:

Oh Diorette...you're a saint!
you should be one...St. Diorette...patron of Magazine scans or something...JK:lol:

I wish I had your guts but Imma sissy. It's way too hard for me to murder my mags...

i just noticed something ... or just paid attention to it ...
and this is fun ...
"we" are all talking about the fur in this PETA editorial .... but noone talked about the leather .... which is animal skin, as well .... but is less disturbing - i guess for you guys ...

and it makes me notice something else : so much leather in this issue !!!!
and so much animals !!!!
what is great is that both Carine and Emmanuelle in both of their "main" editorial (Raquel + the new Natash Poly) makes me wanna wear leather pants ..... i esp. love the silhouettes in the one by Emmanuelle Alt ... the leather pants look like a totaly normal alternative to jeans !!! especially with the Prada shirt ! love the look ! casual ...
very good !

i kind of mentioned it actually. but you're right, people rarely talk about leather, it seems to be less explicit... sometimes when people wear fur it looks like they're wearing the dead animal itself...
and i feel exactly the same way about leather pants, i so want them! they really work like an alternative to jeans when people wear them well.

Thanks for posting Malgosia Bela and Daria Werbowy.
I did not buy this issue yet but I'll only do it today for these 2 editorials !

I thought it would only be out tomorrow?

I think Paris Vogue is compelling because it's the only edition of Vogue that presents expensive fashion as something that could easily belong to your life - most magazines present expensive fashion as something that's 'look but don't touch' and certainly don't wear. But in Paris Vogue, you're presented with the idea that you could wear a £10,000 dress to put out your rubbish and in the process, artfully seduce your younger neighbour with your enigmatic stare and smoking technique, and it would all be part of living the life of a real woman.

The Paris Vogue woman doesn't wear high fashion in order to pose like a museum statue, she wears it to engage in activities that could leave wet patches on her couture, and she doesn't care about getting it to the dry cleaners the next day, because she's got better things to do.

totally, that effortless chic and sophistication you explained is so fascinating! thank you for your post.

and thank you diorette for scans! :flower:

Oh Diorette...you're a saint!
you should be one...St. Diorette...patron of Magazine scans or something...JK:lol:

Oh, you're right!
I never thought of that but surely scanning Vogue Paris is reason enough for canonisation (esp. because it's such a pious magazine)!
I'll call the Vatican!

:lol: :rofl:

I just glad to see Sasha in ed again
and Daria looks like a drag queen.

haha

Malgosia's and Kate's editorials are obviously the standouts quality-wise in this issue. Don't like Raquel's ed, too lazy!

Oh, that's an impressive issue :wub: Love love everything about it! Thank you for scans everyone!

i really like it! Daria is flawless like always. and personally, i prefer to see the current designer outfits restyled. these days, most mags just simply copy the runway styling. where's the fun in that? in the end, it's just people here rooting to see their favorite models in the same clothes. shouldn't we be primarily about fashion than models?

i'd rather see such broken down looks than just the same runway looks everywhere.

it's a must buy issue!!!
i love daria's and kate's one, Gorgeous
i think sasha's poses are too boring(especially her legs),
but the shoot and raquel's are ok.

I hate the "reality show" moniker.Real people Real style would make more sense and sound nicer, plus reality show just makes me picture the hills or americas next top model.

^ Remember it's a French magazine, French readers probably won't perceive the "reality show" thing the way native english-speakers will, and they probably won't think of the hills or ANTM either :lol:

Anyway I rushed to my bookshop to buy it this morning... I was in love with the cover after seeing scans of it but it looke EVEN BETTER in real life! Daria looks a bit less airbrushed, and it's just hot :lol: Probably my favourite cover this year, along with Lara's VP cover ^_^

^^ :clap: Thats cool about the cover, i just adore it and cant wait to see it in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->