Vogue Paris June/July 2015 : Daria Werbowy by David Sims

Looks good, for the first time in the Emmanuelle Era! is like a pret a porter selfservice!

My friend at VP had mentioned this high jewelry shoot by Alasdair and the result is as good as I expected! Best thing I've seen in VP in forever!

They just keep on doing these all "black" editorials. Yes, it bothers me.

Really? I feel nothing about that jewelry editorial Those models don't bring anything to the table not their individual beauty is interesting enough to carry this blank expression shoot I love Daria's ed so far need to see more

It was one a great idea to hire Suzanne Koller. She deliver really good stuff and and what is more important she's working with fresh faces. It seems that finally there is another good duo like it was in the past with Carine and Alt.

Anyway, the issue looks really good and very promising.

Call me nuts but all these 4 previews could be from Vogue Netherlands
I don´t like anything I see

* That jewelry shoot is typical Alique work
* That multi girl ed is typical Marc de Groot work
* Daria´s shoot is something Annemarie van Drimmelen does a lot
* That shoot with the car would not even be publiced in Vogue NL

There is no summer feeling about this issue at all!:angry: It´s so bad

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I did not look at the jewelry story that way, but I understand your opinion it can be viewed as segregation. But i'll take it. As unfortunate as it sounds I complement VP for giving both Amilna and Linesiy there international editorial debuts. It may have been given to them because they specifically wanted a black girl or model of color but if they wanted to celebrate their beauty by giving them the opportunity to do so in VP then why not?

Not specifically VP but Vogue in general, I don't like the segregation.

As unfortunate as it sounds I complement VP for giving both Amilna and Linesiy there international editorial debuts.

Agree with both these points, but all the girls are seriously slaying here so I'm at least glad for that. Soo much Power. :wub::heart:

The "all black girl editorial" issue is hard because what is the appropiate black girl ratio per white girl for it not to be considered racist? I remember Balmain FW14 campaign was also deemed as racist because people thought the black models were accessories to Cara.
I personally rather see an all black girl editorial than none at all. Even though this editorial does nothing for me with the exception of Grace Bol, she looks really powerful and is the only one who´s delivering imo :smile:

Don't get me wrong, I love to see all these girls, and of course it's better to have them this way than not have them at all. I especially love Lineisy cause she is so fresh and new and I love her short natural hair. I feel like this girl is a game changer from the minute I saw her on Prada runway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Compared to 2014's June/July issue, this feels and looks like a completely different magazine. You can CLEARLY see Suzanne Koller's influence in the content. She took less time than Alt did to make her mark and I'm impressed (even though I don't necessarily like her style). There is no denying, however, McLellan's story is bold and visually-stimulating. All the girls look fantastic, especially Grace Bol who's looking extremely striking. Thanks for the previews, MON & IndigoHomme!

That wouldn't surprise me if Suzanne ended up replacing Alt at some point...

Well,it is clear you don't like Suzanne's work at VP....do you like her in her magazine???...

i agree sometimes i think im seeing SS and not VP....and of course she brings her ppl like Alasdair or Jane How,etc....

Maybe VP needs men editors as well and not only Alt's-wannabes

((

I am only excited for the 2 editorials by Emmanuelle. The editorials of Suzanne is not reflective of the aesthetics of Vogue Paris. I said it before and I'll say it again, Alasdair is not for Vogue Paris. I'll reserve my judgment for Roversi's editorial. Yet again it's like a mixture of Vogue UK and Vogue Paris.

The problem with Vogue Paris now is that Emmanuelle's team is weak. The strongest one from her team at the moment has to be Géraldine. Suzanne Koller needs to be fired from this magazine because she adds nothing to the magazine. Cous D'éclat is a mess and it's boring. It doesn't excite me at all and I've just seen the preview. Previews should excite the readers and not make them want to question the mere presence of the stylist in the magazine.

Alt needs to get M.A.S., Marie Chaix, Carlyne Cerf +++ back on board because her vision isn't being well executed by Suzanne. As a fashion director, Suzanne is failing miserably in her job. Sorry not sorry. I'm warming up to Emmanuelle's vision for the magazine (80s, 90s), it's just Suzanne's work that I can't deal with. TBH, Vogue Paris signed its own death when Suzanne Koller signed a deal with them. This ain't Self Service girl. Take away Suzanne's editorials and you'd have a strong issue preview. Her early years were amazing in comparison to the 2015 round up (editorial wise). Géraldine's work puts Suzanne's work to shame and it's such a shame that splendid work never gets to be on the main roster of editorials. Her Montres editorial serves Old VP meets New VP. What a waste of money.[/QUOTE]

For the second month in a row, French Vogue gives me reasons to save my money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->