Vogue Paris June/July 2015 : Daria Werbowy by David Sims

Well, well, looks like a good issue so far. Quite like the jewellery edit, Grace Bol looks absolutely striking! Koller did some great work here. Cannot wait to see this in print. I do agree with Gazebo, this sort of segregation is tiring. It seems the only way to style these very African looking girls is to group them together like W did last year. That's lazy and tired. Will they look out of place in one of Glen Luchford's monthly editorials? I doubt it. To that end Nouvelle Vague looks almost refreshing. Hope they continue this trend and hopefully one day include an Asian model as well.

Daria preview looks ok, nothing special. I do hope there are some swimwear shots at least, something that will expand a bit more from the cover.

I already know I'll not like Terry's edit with Mica, I'm assuming it's her due to that terribly awful mop. God knows why she's forever booking VP!!

all I want to see is some sun beach pool and summer clothing styling not long sleeve sequins with white backround and makeup is oh no, I love summer makeup cant they just use some bronzing powders or waterproof mascaras or glosses? I like Daria but it looks snow white frozen cover with a plain bikini under.They are Vogue Paris, for the short summer time they could do much better.

'Beauté: Allure d'Été' - Doutzen Kroes by Gilles Bensimon

glossynewsstand.com

Alt should have used the paparazzi pics from Doutzens shoot because the paparazzi photos are MUCH better! :lol:

That shoot with Daria looks very cold instead of giving me a summer feeling & those black/white pics makes it worse.
I like the shot with jewelry & the first photo on the balcony the most. The rest of that shoot is bland.

This issue seems boring to me ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Cause it makes the emphasis too much on skin color. Instead of focusing on each model's individual beauty and character, they lump them all together based only on their skin color.

HQs without text

L'échappée Belle
Photographer: Gilles Bensimon
Model: Edita Vilkeviciute
Stylist: Géraldine Saglio
Hair: Rudy Lewis
Make up: Hannah Murray

photocouture-show.com

HQs without text

Beauté: Allure d’Été
Photographer: Gilles Bensimon
Model: Doutzen Kroes
Stylist: Géraldine Saglio
Hair: Rudy Lewis
Make up: Hannah Murray

photocouture-show.com

Cause it makes the emphasis too much on skin color. Instead of focusing on each model's individual beauty and character, they lump them all together based only on their skin color.

I hear you. But then on the other hand when you use them undividually or mixed with white models, you always get accusations of the token black women and the feeling like she's there to fill some sort of quota of political correctness. Its a no win situation. The way forward is normalise the use of black models, see them alone, together, up side down,just like any other models. This constantly ponting out of their exceptional status, its not helping in my view, when i looked at the ed i saw beautiful women, their skin colour did not even crossed my mind till people made it an issue.

My only complaint with Daria's edit is that the team traveled to the Amalfi Coast, and this is the result? I'm underwhelmed to the say the very least. The shots of Daria on the balcony are fabulous and when looking, I'm wanting Daria to move out the way for me to see the sweeping landscape. It seems as though Sims photographed the rest of the story in the studio, which I feel is a complete waste. Nonetheless, I do like the editorial but would've appreciated more scenery considering this is a summer issue.

Terry Richardson's story takes me back the ones he used to do with Alt way back when with the likes of Carmen Kass and Anna Selezneva. I still am such a sucker for Paris-based fashion stories but this one falls short. I don't understand Alt's fascination with Mica Arganaraz, as she's a one-trick pony. Why don't hairstylists ever change Mica's hair?

Doutzen's, Edita's and the McLellan edit are fabulous, btw! Thanks for posting the content, miguelalmeida & Oxymore! :heart:

I used to be a big fan of Emmanuelle's, but now I feel like she needs to be fired. There isn't a creative bone in her body. I understand loving masculine clothing. I understand preferring '80s style. What makes her such a terrible EIC is that she can't separate her work from her personal preferences. She does a shoot on the Amalfi coast and doesn't even pick clothes that go with the beautiful Italian scenery. She could've done that same shoot at a studio in London and she would've achieved the same result.

Everything is boring, lackluster and the same. There is not an ounce of fantasy, creativity or excitement here.

I hear you.But then on the other hand when you use them undividually or mixed with white models, you always get accusations of the token black women and the feeling like she's there to fill some sort of quota of political correctness. Its a no win situation. The way forward is normalise the use of black models, see them alone, together, up side down,just like any other models. This constantly ponting out of their exceptional status, its not helping in my view, when i looked at the ed i saw beautiful women, their skin colour did not even crossed my mind till people made it an issue.

I agree completely. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->