Vogue Paris June/July 2019 : Gisele Bündchen by Mikael Jansson

Did they split an ed into two for Karlie?

Anyway, I take back what I said about Edie (not really), her ed is the best one in this issue.

God, it looks like elle, Gisele editorial especially. French elle. Weekly magazine.
Lachlan looks more Mikael Jansson (circa 2003-2008 Vogue Paris with barbieri) than jansson itself whom became lookalikes of so many photographers with photoshop overdose.
And the last: when on earth magazines start to pick up sporty and toned models for sport issues? Edita? She has 0 toned muscles same as everyone else. Gisele is fit but come one, there are other gals.

So is Apple a sponsor of this issue? 2 iPhones in 2 separate editorials. I mean, make them coins Alt.

The editorials are meh. I mean I enjoyed the main editorial MAINLY because its Gisele. But the concept is tiring already. Though apparently this sells. So work.

The rest, nope.

C'est Vogue: Barodeuse

Photographer: Philippe Jarrigeon
Set Design: Giovanna Martial
Stylist: Claire Dhelens
Makeup: Eny Whitehead
Manicure: Marie Rosa
Cast: ???

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

Cast: Klaudia Kapuscinska

Would love some HQ/HD’s of Edie’s editorial :buzz::heart:

Freja is such a great model, she makes everything look great in that ed with her nonchalant elegant vibe. Even a Dsquared hoodie with torn jeans or t-shirt/dress combo look great on her. She really sells the clothes.

A pretty boring issue overall otherwise.

Bijoux: Tours De Force

Photographer: Thomas Lagrange
Stylist: Virginie Benarroch
Hair: Gareth Bromell
Makeup: Maya Alleaume
Manicure: Alexandra Janowski
Cast: ???

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

not 100% but it looks a bit like Samile Bermannelli.

It's a shame, there are some nice shots in Gisele's editorial but when I compare it with Edie's edit in this issue last year, it just pales in comparison. And really, how lazy is the beauty editorial? I'm almost certain those shots are from the same shoot as last month.

I hate to admit it but yes VP is all the time the same but the consistency to delivery something sensual, a bit sexy and so luxurious is there. This issue is absolutely no groundbreaking but these girls at VP know how to sell products to the readers. The weakest one is really Claire Dhelens.

Barbieri nailed it ! Alt + Gisele = always a very good match. Saglio same sh*t but good sh*t.

not 100% but it looks a bit like Samile Bermannelli.

It's a shame, there are some nice shots in Gisele's editorial but when I compare it with Edie's edit in this issue last year, it just pales in comparison. And really, how lazy is the beauty editorial? I'm almost certain those shots are from the same shoot as last month.
Yes!! Samile Bermanelli

I´m french and Gisele is very much appreciated in France. She is in sooooo many ad campaigns in the streets, in many magazine covers: Elle, Vogue and many local magazines. She also sells her line of shoes and is often invited on local tv morning news shows and at night. Karl also loved Gisele very much and she has a LOT of Vogue Paris covers so she fits with the French sophisticated vibe yet she has that vivacious personality and big hair and all. I now live in Spain but come back to France every summer and Gisele is always present somewhere: in local magazines, in shopping malls or displays and I remember her Vogue eyewear campaigns were literally everywhereeeee. In my city it was like she was a politician or something ahahaah.

However these covers could have been much better and could they also try to do something else with her. Like Naomi or Christy: editors need to play with their images and not just style them the exact same way over and over again.

I wouldn't say she is very much appreciated in France. She is known by a lot of French peopl, for sure, but only because she dated Leonardo DiCaprio and that's how she became famous in France. And every time they talk about supermodels on TV, they mention her.
You really think she fits the sophisticated French vibe ?
To me there is nothing French about her; she's just the Brazilian bombshell. Her being the June cover of French vogue really amplifies this.

I admittedly get bored of Gisele too sometimes but it's undeniable that after all these years (and unlike many of her peers), she still has it. She elevates every single shot she's in.

It’s a boring issue and in VP terms, it means good. VP don’t have bad issues but it’s pretty much the same formula and the same recipe with the same results. It’s good, season appropriate and it has a wallpaper kind of magic to it.

Gisele’s Ed is classic Gisele on VP. It’s perfectly executed...
I feel like Meisel is the only photographer willing to challenge that « Gisele » persona. I like when Gisele does glamour, challenge herself...

I’m pretty sure that her vacation photos looks like all her summer VP eds.

I´m french and Gisele is very much appreciated in France. She is in sooooo many ad campaigns in the streets, in many magazine covers: Elle, Vogue and many local magazines. She also sells her line of shoes and is often invited on local tv morning news shows and at night. Karl also loved Gisele very much and she has a LOT of Vogue Paris covers so she fits with the French sophisticated vibe yet she has that vivacious personality and big hair and all. I now live in Spain but come back to France every summer and Gisele is always present somewhere: in local magazines, in shopping malls or displays and I remember her Vogue eyewear campaigns were literally everywhereeeee. In my city it was like she was a politician or something ahahaah.

However these covers could have been much better and could they also try to do something else with her. Like Naomi or Christy: editors need to play with their images and not just style them the exact same way over and over again.

Very much appreciated? I mean, she is popular but come on, she is not Laëtitia Casta, Claudia Schiffer and Noémie Lenoir or Kate Moss in terms of popularity. She is known because she has become this larger than life celebrity thanks to her relationship with Leonardo. She is a regular on VP for over decade now and represented a certain idea of a supermodel...
But she is not everywhere...

I would even say to you that she is maybe more popular in Italy than in France because she was the face of Dolce & Gabbana for years...

She is very French Vogue in a bombshell type of way but she doesn’t represents anything French or even Parisian. She is just a great model..
That’s maybe why her being the face of Chanel didn’t worked and they quickly moved on.
Chanel’s house model is Brazilian and she is more French chic than Gisele will ever be...

Gisele is typecast as a model : Gisele on the beach, Gisele being sexy, Gisele exercising
That's all she can (wants to?) do

It’s a boring issue and in VP terms, it means good. VP don’t have bad issues but it’s pretty much the same formula and the same recipe with the same results. It’s good, season appropriate and it has a wallpaper kind of magic to it.

Gisele’s Ed is classic Gisele on VP. It’s perfectly executed...
I feel like Meisel is the only photographer willing to challenge that « Gisele » persona. I like when Gisele does glamour, challenge herself...

I’m pretty sure that her vacation photos looks like all her summer VP eds.

Very much appreciated? I mean, she is popular but come on, she is not Laëtitia Casta, Claudia Schiffer and Noémie Lenoir or Kate Moss in terms of popularity. She is known because she has become this larger than life celebrity thanks to her relationship with Leonardo. She is a regular on VP for over decade now and represented a certain idea of a supermodel...
But she is not everywhere...

I would even say to you that she is maybe more popular in Italy than in France because she was the face of Dolce & Gabbana for years...

She is very French Vogue in a bombshell type of way but she doesn’t represents anything French or even Parisian. She is just a great model..
That’s maybe why her being the face of Chanel didn’t worked and they quickly moved on.
Chanel’s house model is Brazilian and she is more French chic than Gisele will ever be...

Sorry but I strongly disagree with you and Lax89. It´s been YEARSSS that Laëticia and Noémie Lenoir vanished into oblivion in France. Laéticia does some international modeling gigs in other countries but not in France and Noémie relocated in the US. As for Claudia it´s also been decades since she has not done hundreds of jobs for French brands or magazines or runway shows.

Gisele however IS everywhere. I lived 20 years in France and she was the face of dozens of brands every single year and many local and international magazines always have her face. As for morning and night shows she is often invited. Karl featured Gisele in many ads and on runways too for Chanel.

Actually Carine R said in an interview that Gisele, although very Brazilian had that French ``thing´´ going on, therefore she used to like to have Gisele in Vogue Paris because she´s so sophisticated. Chanel also used Gisele as their main girl in several ad campaigns representing her in very classical and chic way and since Chanel is in France the highest point of sophistication as it comes to Fashion then so does Gisele.

I rest my case :mohawk::innocent::lol::hardhead::lol: kidding.

Sorry but I strongly disagree with you and Lax89. It´s been YEARSSS that Laëticia and Noémie Lenoir vanished into oblivion in France. Laéticia does some international modeling gigs in other countries but not in France and Noémie relocated in the US. As for Claudia it´s also been decades since she has not done hundreds of jobs for French brands or magazines or runway shows.

Gisele however IS everywhere. I lived 20 years in France and she was the face of dozens of brands every single year and many local and international magazines always have her face. As for morning and night shows she is often invited. Karl featured Gisele in many ads and on runways too for Chanel.

Actually Carine R said in an interview that Gisele, although very Brazilian had that French ``thing´´ going on, therefore she used to like to have Gisele in Vogue Paris because she´s so sophisticated. Chanel also used Gisele as their main girl in several ad campaigns representing her in very classical and chic way and since Chanel is in France the highest point of sophistication as it comes to Fashion then so does Gisele.

I rest my case :mohawk::innocent::lol::hardhead::lol: kidding.
You’re very invested...
I give you that.
I don’t know where you lived in France but she is not really speaking to the everyday, even affluent French woman. Her aesthetic here has always been connected to VP so maybe for you, she is very Parisian but Paris is not France. So, it’s not popularity.
When Dior and YSL or Chanel had her for the campaigns, it was for a worldwide exposure. The same for Isabel Marant.

I don’t remember Gisele being the face of a local brand. A real popular model in France is either the face of Nivea, Garnier, l’Oreal or Mixa.

Claudia is very linked to France like Carla Bruni because she has been more than a model for some time. Laëtitia Casta is the epitome of the French girl, la sudiste in a way.
Noémie is still very popular. I think she was the face of Mixa or Garnier, she dated various famous people and I saw her at Monoprix the other day and people still stopped her .

I get you love Gisele but I think you over exaggerate her celebrity status here.

I can tell you that if VP covers really reflected the celebrity status of a model in France, it would be very different. Like Milla Jovovich is more popular here than Gisele, as crazy as it may sound.

French people are very loyal. Gisele can be everywhere but Laetitia is forever our Marianne and Noemie Lenoir one of the very few black models who have a huge career in France. She even dated one of the football player who won the world Cup in 1998.

It is like saying Virgil Abloh is more French to Jean Paul Gauthier just because Virgil is everywhere :lol:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->