Vogue Paris May 2015 : Liya Kebede by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Is she the first woman of colour on the cover since Alt took over?

Thrilled to see Liya and I love the red background. I feel like this picture had all the right elements: the divine Liya, a powerful background, my favourite photography duo and an interesting item of clothing but it hasn't come together in the very best way that it could have. I hate those big punctuation marks and it really annoys me that the main headline overlaps Liya's leg when it clearly could have sat nicely in the red space around it. I think I'll have to keep coming back to look at this cover to see if it grows on me.

Is she the first woman of colour on the cover since Alt took over?

Indeed, I hadnt actually noticed.
I'm afraid this is too tacky for my liking. Not sure about the Dior jumpsuit nor the pose. My patience is seriously wearing thin with VP covers. Who on earth thought this layout would be ok? And that hair? :sick:

At least it's a fresh model and photographer choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE IT! First black model in Vogue Paris since 2011! Thank God!
I love the colors, the pose is very original and theres such a vibrant cool feeling about this shot! Great job! :blush:

By the way, I think the whole issue is by Inez & Vinoodh :smile:

"May brings a foretaste of Summer and this year, the watchword is 'bold'. Dare to wear the unbridled exuberance of haute couture, high-cut swimwear on the beach, a dramatic sparkly eye for evening or a metal-striped mini striped," write Vogue Paris editor-in-chief Emmanuelle Alt, in her May 2015 editorial. On the front line this season, is Liya Kebede, playing fashion rebel for Inez & Vinoodh on our cover, setting the tone with Dior's couture psychedelic catsuit. Inside, Anna Ewers, Karlie Kloss and Edie Campbell take to the dancefloor in a clutch of Spring/Summer 2015 couture gowns, beautifully orchestrated by choreographer Stephen Galloway in a style season opener. And as the temperature rises, beauty follows, with Daria Werbowy's paillettes for evening, Freja Beha's radical new tomboy cut seen by Glen Luchford and a sun-kissed Doutzen Kroes in Miami. And before you take your next selfie, read our interview with Kevin Systrom, the visionary young CEO at the helm of Instagram; for a fresh start for the new season, be inspired by bold fashion for your own account.

Vogue Paris n°957, out April 22
*vogue.fr

I love it! Liya looks great as always and there is kind of positive energy in it. I am also happy to see I&V doing the cover again!

And the description sounds great --> Anna and Freja

Amazing for Liya but this pose is doing her no favours (if you catch my drift)

While I'm happy Liya go the cover, it's a really bad cover.... I wouldn't even expect this cover from like Vogue Turkey, it's just so amateur.

if her facial expression was on the point this would have been a stellar cover.

Finally some models of color on my native Vogue edition!!! She looks great, good pose, the background, hair and makeup but I don´t like the styling and the title on the layout could have been better done coz it looks amateur with this font. Other than that it´s a pretty good cover, not sure it will be near of the best selling issues but it will sell I believe.

So amazing to see her on the cover, and unexpected. Shame the background is such eye sore! However she looks gorgeous!

I love it! Great to see Liya on the cover :wub:

I swear the people who constantly bash Vogue Paris covers probably couldn't even pull a decent cover themselves...

I don't like it at all, but I am super excited that Liya is on the cover. She is so gorgeous!!

oh Lord, seriosly? is she in the business at least at the moment? Another single -photographer issue? seriously?

ksbp.gif

reactiongifs

Not that bad BUT in the first sec. I thought it was Imaan Hamman by Terry Richardson instead of Liya by I&V.

* Liya is a bit passé to be honest

Liya Kebede overthrows classic couture codes on our May cover, in bold, graphic style for Spring.
"May brings a foretaste of Summer and this year, the watchword is 'bold'. Dare to wear the unbridled exuberance of haute couture, high-cut swimwear on the beach, a dramatic sparkly eye for evening or a metal-striped mini striped," write Vogue Paris editor-in-chief Emmanuelle Alt, in her May 2015 editorial. On the front line this season, is Liya Kebede, playing fashion rebel for Inez & Vinoodh on our cover, setting the tone with Dior's couture psychedelic catsuit. Inside, Anna Ewers, Karlie Kloss and Edie Campbell take to the dancefloor in a clutch of Spring/Summer 2015 couture gowns, beautifully orchestrated by choreographer Stephen Galloway in a style season opener. And as the temperature rises, beauty follows, with Daria Werbowy's paillettes for evening, Freja Beha's radical new tomboy cut seen by Glen Luchford and a sun-kissed Doutzen Kroes in Miami. And before you take your next selfie, read our interview with Kevin Systrom, the visionary young CEO at the helm of Instagram; for a fresh start for the new season, be inspired by bold fashion for your own account.
Vogue Paris n°957, out April 22
vogue.fr

Wow this came in early!

Such a beautiful cover! I love the subtle energy, the vibrance, the prints and the colors! I love it. I also like the blur effect that makes it seem like she's moving! Liya looks gorgeous and I'm so happy for her and for VP to have a woman of color in VP since 2011! It's also giving me that 90s vibe.

I also love that it's not Testino and it's Inez & Vinoodh! I also love that it's not the staple gray background that I&V does. I hope Sorrenti is for June/July :heart:

One thing I've noticed tho... There's a NEW FONT...

i love this! the colors and the styling feel very Soul Train so i have a bit nostalgia looking at this

All Star Cast!
Cover is underwhelming but the contents look promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->